Which MMORPG????

Core2Deano

Please help, I really enjoy my mmorpgs but have recently taken a break and now can't choose what to buy - theres so many out there. If anyone can offer some ideas as to what I would like it would be very appreciated!

Aspects I like in an mmorpg:
- Fantasy themed
- Medieval style
- PvE over PvP
- Single character development (no group commanding/RTS)
- Large community
- Excellent melee/casting combat
- Outstanding reward system
- Fair storyline
- Tolerable graphics and sound
- Living and breathing economy system (think WoW's auction house)

Thanks everyone
No need to suggest WoW as i've thoroughly played that for 3 years and have exhausted it. I would love to get into something a bit different. Also briefly tried AoC (Age of Conan) but was disapointed because I couldn't play it properly due to the huge lack of community (there was no one to play with).

I have been considering Warhammer Online, Runescape, EvE Online, Final Fantasy Online, Lord of the Rings Online and god only knows...very confused right now!

Feuerfrei.x

I have been considering Warhammer Online, Runescape, EvE Online, Final Fantasy Online, Lord of the Rings Online and god only knows...very confused right now!

Runescapes pretty good. Most people on this forum will probably disagree with me tho :'( the annyoing thing is if your low level you are always get called a noob and if your high level people are ALWAYS asking you for money

Aastii

VIP Member
Runescapes pretty good. Most people on this forum will probably disagree with me tho :'( the annyoing thing is if your low level you are always get called a noob and if your high level people are ALWAYS asking you for money

you forgot to mention it is as interesting as watching paint dry, and failed to read tolerable graphics :p

Guild Wars
WarHammer
Mortal Online (is in beta atm so you can go play it for free, but there are a few problems with it, in gameplay I mean, not bugs)
Everquest
Aion
Check out some of the f2p ones too, there are a couple which are surprisingly good

Feuerfrei.x

you forgot to mention it is as interesting as watching paint dry, and failed to read tolerable graphics :p

:O come on - Its not that bad!!! I mean - rite now I'm killing some noobs - I may not be able to defend myself in real life but i kick arse on rs :p

Ryeong

Alright people. you MUST play this game.. It's a wow/guild wars-copy byt it's free to play! and has MUCH better graphics than wow maxed out!.. I played wow for some years and reached 80 twice. But i find this game to a certain point more interesting.. Try it out!

It's called: Allods online ..

Aastii

VIP Member
:O come on - Its not that bad!!! I mean - rite now I'm killing some noobs - I may not be able to defend myself in real life but i kick arse on rs :p

all I'm saying is, my tree, undead (ffs that should be enough, he is undead) warrior or my orc shaman would beat the crap out of your little square fella because they attack more often than once every 10 seconds and you sitting there doing a 40 crit would do nothing compared to my normal hits in the thousands... all I'm saying :p Oh, and I can't really defend myself irl, but in WoW ;) I can't either :(

Last edited:

Feuerfrei.x

all I'm saying is, my tree, undead (ffs that should be enough, he is undead) warrior or my orc shaman would be the crap out of your little square fella because they attack more often than once every 10 seconds and you sitting there doing a 40 crit would do nothing compared to my normal hits in the thousands... all I'm saying :p Oh, and I can't really defend myself irl, but in WoW ;) I can't either :(

..I am once again confused

deanj20

I downloaded and installed 2029 last night, and I was very impressed. Not to mention it's 100% free w/ an option to buy items at in-game malls for real $$$. I was instantly hooked. Might be worth a shot, since it's free and it's, you know, friggin' awesome!

Of course, I'm a Final Fantasy fanboi at heart, but the whole series went downhill after 7 IMHO, when they started using those god-awful metro-sexual crybaby pretty-boy characters (w/ the exception of 9). But who knows, maybe the awesome storyline, characters, monsters and adventure are still part of it - and Final Fantasy as a MMORPG - well, I just can't see how that could go wrong...