Which Mobo is better??

AMD Fanboy

Well, i don't see why anyone would really need 4 Lan Ports. You could use a Hub on a decent broadband connection and you wouldn't have enough collisions that you would really notice a significant drop in speed. I think that the MAIN differance between the two is the FSB Speed. One has a Max of 1600 and the other has a max of 1200. I'm sure this is only really reached by overclocking and 1600 FSB isn't really needed. By the time that you need the 1600 FSB, you'll be ready for another Motherboard upgrade anyhow. Both boards have their highpoints, but i think i would go with the Maximus. The Premium Might have more PCI-E Slots, but they're really useless since all they'll do is get in the way. I was going to make a Quad-CrossfireX Machine, but found that it was next to impossible to do it without buying X2 Cards. Since you would be useing those X2 Cards anyhow, you only need 2 Slots. Besides, the Maximus has E-Sata. That's a Bonus. If you're looking at using the Marvell RAID controller, i suggest that you go with an add-on card instead. I think i'm actually getting SLOWER speeds with my Marvell RAID set to 0 with 2 Velociraptors.