Which mobo is better?

Okedokey

You don't want a 1136 socket, its dead. You want as a minimum 1155 to support sandy bridge. However there is no real need for the Z chipset unless you have SSD or plan on using both on chip graphics and a discrete gpu. I you have a discrete GPU I would just get a cheaper P67 chipset based board and the best is made by MSI.

daisymtc

You don't want a 1136 socket, its dead. You want as a minimum 1155 to support sandy bridge. However there is no real need for the Z chipset unless you have SSD or plan on using both on chip graphics and a discrete gpu. I you have a discrete GPU I would just get a cheaper P67 chipset based board and the best is made by MSI.

What is the point getting P67 when Z68 at similar price?

Okedokey

Turn that around, what is the point of Z68 when you don't need it?

also

Most damning was the fact that it caused our PC to consume more power when idle than if we just used the GTX 570 1.3GB alone. Factor in the lack of perfect multi-GPU support, as we saw from our failed efforts to use a GeForce GTX 590 3GB, and it’s clear that Virtu needs some work before it’s ready for everyday use.

Okedokey

Why assume the TS doesn't need or want an ssd. Now or later.

do you even understand how this works? Its essentially an onboard ssd cache. thats it. you're better off getting an ssd. the z68 is different pricing in different countries, im not convinced.

also not all z68 chipset boards are the same, many are missing sata 3 and 6 ports (in terms of numbers), and other features. All im saying is, get a board that works for you, z68 is not simply better, although if you get what you want on that chipset for the same price then good.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

^^ wtf dude, you come in here and recomend first the worst brand around, then a board that isn't even the right socket for him, and probably didn't even check his links or op to see he has a budget of under 200, if you aren't going to read the op at least and all posts is what you should then you shouldn't reply at all

claptonman

^^ wtf dude, you come in here and recomend first the worst brand around, then a board that isn't even the right socket for him, and probably didn't even check his links or op to see he has a budget of under 200, if you aren't going to read the op at least and all posts is what you should then you shouldn't reply at all

First of all, the OP posted both a 1366 and a 1155 board, so it's clear he doesn't really know what he wants. And second, the ASUS the OP posted was $289.99, not under $200. So maybe you should read the original post?