Which MP3 Player/PMP do you have? (8 Simple Questions)

m0nk3ys1ms

1) Apple iPod Touch (1st Generation)
2) Touch screen, internet, applications, need I say more?
3) Internet
4) Battery life
5) 4 hours-ish of heavy continuous use with Wi-Fi, but for music use w/o Wi-Fi it lasts ages.
6) iTunes
7) Yes.
8) Other than freezing a few times, none.

Respital

1.) Which MP3 Player/PMP* do you have (please be specific)?

Sansa E250 i think.

2.) Why did you pick your MP3 Player/PMP*?

Good price and features, expandable storage via micro SD.

3.) What's your favorite feature?

Microphone/voice recording.

4.) What's your least favorite feature?

Well i like using the microphone but i don't like the idea that it can constantly be recording me.

5.) How is the battery life (how long does it last)?

Long enough like 8 hours.

6.) What application do you use to sync media to your MP3 Player/PMP*?

Windows.

7.) Do you use your MP3 Player/PMP* 'on the go' (e.g: Jjogging, running, driving, etc)?

Walking.

8.) Have you had any problems with your MP3 Player/PMP* and, if so, what?

Lines across the top of the screen but not really in the way and it would take a month to get a fixed one so i live with it.

ScottALot

iPod Touch 16GB
I like the Apps, large screen, and internet features. Plus, it was refurbished... I was supposed to get an 8GB for 100$, but they accidentally gave me a 16GB.
Internet Browsing.
The Alarm Clock... sometimes it doesn't go off.
Not very long, but that's because it's refurbished. Normally, it should last 24 hours with music on, screen off and about 6 hours of constant movie watching.
iTunes... I don't know how to do it another way.
7.) Do you use your MP3 Player/PMP* 'on the go' (e.g: Jjogging, running, driving, etc)?
When riding shotgun, but when I'm driving I use the stereo.
Don't try jailbreaking it... it'll be fun for a while, but iTunes recognizes the hack and messes your iPod up and makes you Restore it from defaults as a penalty.

ganzey

banned
Don't try jailbreaking it... it'll be fun for a while, but iTunes recognizes the hack and messes your iPod up and makes you Restore it from defaults as a penalty.

i have never had that problem

ScottALot

It's certain jailbreaking software that Apple has found... if you have one of the newer versions, it shouldn't happen, but I figure it's just not worth the time if they eventually find out.

ganzey

banned
^^ i have a 16gb 1st gen. i used redsn0w like 1 1/2 yrs ago and no problem, maybe its only newer generations.

Michael

iPod Touch 16GB
I like the Apps, large screen, and internet features. Plus, it was refurbished... I was supposed to get an 8GB for 100$, but they accidentally gave me a 16GB.
Internet Browsing.
The Alarm Clock... sometimes it doesn't go off.
Not very long, but that's because it's refurbished. Normally, it should last 24 hours with music on, screen off and about 6 hours of constant movie watching.
iTunes... I don't know how to do it another way.
When riding shotgun, but when I'm driving I use the stereo.

It's certain jailbreaking software that Apple has found... if you have one of the newer versions, it shouldn't happen, but I figure it's just not worth the time if they eventually find out.

^^ i have a 16gb 1st gen. i used redsn0w like 1 1/2 yrs ago and no problem, maybe its only newer generations.

I have a 1G 32GB Touch and 2G 8GB Touch, both are jailbroken (blackra1n'd on 3.1.2). Never had a problem here.

ScottALot; If you had customized your iPod (apps, songs, etc) then jailbroken it without restoring to a clean slate first, you could face issues with the iPod. This has been known to cause problems in the past.
You should give it a shot again, this time starting with a clean restore of the newest firmware (3.1.2), then jailbreaking it using blackra1n.

-----------------

On a side note, the information you guys have provided has been very helpful, keep it coming! :D

-Michael

ScottALot

ScottALot; If you had customized your iPod (apps, songs, etc) then jailbroken it without restoring to a clean slate first, you could face issues with the iPod. This has been known to cause problems in the past.
You should give it a shot again, this time starting with a clean restore of the newest firmware (3.1.2), then jailbreaking it using blackra1n.

I did it as soon as I got the iPod because I had been researching... I tried it a couple more times after it got all messed up, and later just gave up and went the fool-proof route.

Machin3

Apple iPod Video 5th Generation-Black
Easy to use and is very organized
Easy to load songs and movies through iTunes and is organized
Unable to go to the folders and withdraw music because it is compressed into some apple file + not all file types are supported such as .avi or .flv
the battery life is excellent. On a full charge, I usually get 2-3 days; sometimes 4 depending on how much i use it.
Apple iTunes
I use it when I do weightlifting or when i run. Except during running I use an iPod Nano because its smaller but is still just as good.
Not really, just don't drop it on the floor or it'll break. :)

Michael

I did it as soon as I got the iPod because I had been researching... I tried it a couple more times after it got all messed up, and later just gave up and went the fool-proof route.

That's very strange. You're sure nothing else that took place could have caused the issue?

You seem to be one in a billion with this issue..

--------------------

As for the original post: Keep your replies coming, guys!

patrickv

IPOD nano 3g (4gb) yes you are authorise to laugh :rolleyes:

It's small :eek:

nothing really...

Nothing

I don't listen to it on a daily basis, so probably around 2 weeks or so

Itunes :rolleyes:

only on the bus

Only once, it froze for no reason, had to reset it but everything remain intact

Motorcharge

2 old 4 Gb ipod mini's
One was a Christmas gift in high school, the other a friend gave me last year when he bought a new one.
I like that the cases are metal and can actually handle physical contact.
Battery life blows now. Especially the first one I had, the battery lasts maybe 30 minutes now.
See above. They don't sell the minis anymore so it doesn't really matter, but the battery life was a few hours when I first got it.
Winamp Pro
Used to all the time, battery life doesn't last long enough for anything anymore. Still fine in the car though since I can plug it in.
None other than them being older than god.

Springy182

1GB Nextar

It was cheap.

It was cheap.

It was cheap.

Havent gone through a battery yet.

Windows.

Yes

Variety of small issues pertaining to #2-4

Dystopia

1.) Which MP3 Player/PMP* do you have (please be specific)? 1G iPod Touch 8GB, Sandisk Sansa E250 2GB
2.) Why did you pick your MP3 Player/PMP*? The iPod I got after the Sandisk. Got the iPod for the wifi. I originally chose the Sandisk because it is a very sturdy MP3 player. Once, I got out of the car, accenditly jthrew it out against the curb with the equivialnt of chucking the mp3 player against a cement wall (not whipping, chucking) in anger or something. Its fine. It happen almost a year ago, it still works.
3.) What's your favorite feature? Wifi on the touch, sturdieness on the Sandisk
4.) What's your least favorite feature? The fact that I am 90% sure I got ripped off think I was buying a 2G not 1G. For the Sandisk, weight (though the ipod is heavier)
5.) How is the battery life (how long does it last)? playing time on the ipod, no clue, never tested. On the sandisk its about 16 hrs.
6.) What application do you use to sync media to your MP3 Player/PMP*? Itunes, windows media player
7.) Do you use your MP3 Player/PMP* 'on the go' (e.g: Jjogging, running, driving, etc)? I use it for everything
8.) Have you had any problems with your MP3 Player/PMP* and, if so, what? Nope.

Also, you can get rockbox (google that) for the sandisk. Rockbox is awesome, but the original interface is better.

leonidas

Apple Ipod Touch 2g 8GB

Video playback, UI, WiFi, browser, apps

(a) Video playback..the Touch does it very well.
(b) Wifi..extremely useful.
(c) integrated video podcast downloads

(a) Lack of multi-tasking
(b) Pathetic handling of file titles..it does not scroll song titles so it's impossible to read the whole song name. It also does not display the file name or title on the video screen
(c) relatively closed and restricted ecosystem
(d) lack of SD card slot
(e) itunes is rubbish
(f) no fm radio

(a) Video playback with WiFi off and 50% brightness...about 5 h; music..atleast 20 h.

(a) itunes

(a) Yes, while commuting on public transport.

(a) No problems as such, but see Q.4 above:D

On the whole, I am reasonably happy with it, but I will not be buying another ipod unless they fix all the issues in Q4.