Which OS fits you?

Which OS do you use?

• Total voters

pc club guy

Xp

the best thing about it is the automatic installations from certains softwares, like plug ins, updates, and the patches...its just so fast and easy:)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
the best thing about it is the automatic installations from certains softwares, like plug ins, updates, and the patches...its just so fast and easy
Assuming you *want* your OS doing stuff for you without your explicit permission :p

Travo925

Pyotr said:
Personally, I wouldn't use a Mac if I got payed for it. They're awful.

!!!, just an opinion I guess, but I think macs are a whole lot better than Windows. I use XP pro for gaming, but that is all, Macs RULE!....

SlothX311

PC Technology INC. said:
I use DOS 1.0 on my old 286

And thanks for buying me a copy of WinXP. Professional please :p

sure ill get right on "buying" you a copy of windows xp pro....lol IM me and ill "mail" it to you :p

Steve

Linux

Fedora Core 3 Linux :D

I did select linux on the poll...
however, i must admit i'm mostly a WinD'oh!s user and a Linux n00b, but i'm trying to ditch MS.

Fedora Core 3 is pretty good, no driver issues, easy install.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
right now I've got one pc running windows xp and an older p4 2.4ghz machine running the latest flavor of Suse linux which I changed just recently from Mandrake. My fiance insists on windows and has windows xp pro installed both on her desktop and on her laptop although I beg her to let me instal Suse on the laptop she wont crumble ;-).

Blue said:
right now I've got one pc running windows xp and an older p4 2.4ghz machine running the latest flavor of Suse linux which I changed just recently from Mandrake. My fiance insists on windows and has windows xp pro installed both on her desktop and on her laptop although I beg her to let me instal Suse on the laptop she wont crumble ;-).

Did you gave the other one that had been part of a fire to your nephew?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Fedora Core 3 is pretty good, no driver issues, easy install.
Yeah? I've had no end of issues with Fedora. It wont even login to command line only properly. All I do now is turn it on and let it sit at the login screen and I telnet in and use command line to remote admin (which works, but its a pain).

Steve

Cromewell said:
Yeah? I've had no end of issues with Fedora. It wont even login to command line only properly. All I do now is turn it on and let it sit at the login screen and I telnet in and use command line to remote admin (which works, but its a pain).

I never said Fedora was perfect, i'm not sure what version of Fedora you use, but I had alot of problems w/ Fedora Core 2, but Fedora 3 is okay. (i'm not saying it's the best) I used to use Mandrake, seems to have alot of Driver issues.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Travo925 said:
!!!, just an opinion I guess, but I think macs are a whole lot better than Windows. I use XP pro for gaming, but that is all, Macs RULE!....
Ok, if you're a Mac fan, then please tell me what is the keyboard shortcut for switching between open documents in an application (i.e. what Ctrl+Tab does in Windows). I really need this when working on Macs: using the mouse to switch between the documents slows me down badly...

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
but Fedora 3 is okay.
I'm running Fedora 3, I fixed the video driver problem last night. Had to do some manual driver 'enhancements' :). I know what you mean about not saying it's perfect, no OS is. Any of them, when they work, work great but when they have problems they like to have realy big problems

Imaruki

I use Windows XP Pro only for things that require Windows (Like gaming). Anything else gets thrown onto my Linux machine. I use Mandrake 10.1 on it. I also have another machine that's got a 733 in it and I have MenuetOS running on it.....just because I can.

magicman

VIP Member
I'm running XP primarily, but once I've got drivers installed I'm gonna switch to my copy of Longhorn build 4074. I also run Windows x64 every now and again. Both are good but slightly "buggy".

Imaruki

magicman said:
I'm running XP primarily, but once I've got drivers installed I'm gonna switch to my copy of Longhorn build 4074. I also run Windows x64 every now and again. Both are good but slightly "buggy".
I heard a lot of problems about x64 and Longhorn already.

Imaruki

magicman said:
You could say that...
I really hate that there's hardly any drivers for my kind of hardware.....that kinda pisses me off. Why can't the higher end computers test that kind of software too without downgrading?

irsmart

I like windows ME, but I agree that windows XP is better. Why is mac so bad??? i think they are good. Have you seen their mouses, minimacs, monitore, keybords, etc...

mgoldb2

VIP Member
irsmart said:
I like windows ME

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

From my experience and from what 99% of people I have talked to that ever used that OS is it is the wrost programed OS ever created. It like microsoft slaped it togeather and spent a total of 1 micro secound testing it for bugs.

you are truly the first person that I have ever heard say anything good about it.