whos your isp?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Charter Communications at home and work.

The Connecticut State University System at school.

tremmor

more important is who is your options. I have AT&T Uverse but have fiber optics.
Who is available will work better. Cant get Wow, have Comcast and tried that and they raise there prices constant. So does AT&T. Its a switch back and forth ..........but not yet.

tremmor

always seemed i had to play the game and did. Im good at it. For the record you can call and say this is offering cheaper and they will. Ya have to goto the front office and argue. they will negotiate. It was always like that though.
oh well......

Been with at&t for about 3 yrs. just seems they up the price constant.
Been my experience just like comcast. Yes, im a player and what i do.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Wait....OP is only 10? Don't you need to be at least 13 to sign up to this forum?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Virgin Media. (UK)

They're not too bad. Speeds are great and its rare for it to go down but their customer support on the phone are useless, Their forum on the other hand are brilliant and the staff are much more helpful in getting problems sorted.

They are quite expensive though compared to other ISPs.

Mine is Cricket for now

I would say about average to good in service for my smartphone.

A key question is whether you currently have an ISP?

strollin

I'm pretty sure no one else on this forum has ever heard of my ISP. It's local, named South Valley Internet. Because I live in a rural area, there are no large name ISPs available here. Because of that, the cost of my connection (max DL of 1.5Mb) is probably several times what most others pay ($160/mo). I work from home so my employer pays for my connection.

turbodiesel

i hate sky

they boast about all their pause, rewind, record and all that stuff

then you get it and its rubbish they dont even metion the internet acess and their telephone service

Hsv_Man

I am pretty lucky here I have Bigpond broadband (Aus) they own the lines and allocate the most ping to it's members.

turbodiesel

i dont even see why sky are so good

they advertise so much i can guarantee i will see at least 3 of there ads every day and every time you turn on the tv it goes straight to this sky+hd channel about its features its really annoying and i would never but there packages i wouldn't watch them

sky sucks