Why is COD 4 Running Slow on Windows 7?

anil099

Ok I had XP on my desktop in ym sig...I recently got a 22 inch widescreen acer monitor and an extra gb of ram

then I played COD 4 on XP and i was like a god because before this i was playing on a 23ms monitor lol

Anyways...it seems to me that COD 4 is running really slow/laggy Is it cause of the operating system or something else? should I go back to XP

Bodaggit23

Try lowering your in game resolution.

You may have bumped it up too high for
that video card.

Lowering the in game resolution will get you
more frames per second and less lag.

anil099

Yeah I used to be able to play it "decent" on 800x600

Even on 800x600 I notice some lag and stuff...anyway to tell if it might be connection related lag or like pc lag

I'll give 640 a shot next go around lol downgrade resolution after buying new monitor and ram

Bodaggit23

Double check the settings while you're in game.

I don't think you'd lag at that low of a resolution.

If so, that may not be the issue.

Do you have the latest drivers for that game for Windows 7?

Did you install new video drivers since you installed Windows 7?

anil099

I'm almost 100% convinced now that it is windows 7....Because when I got the extra gig and new monitor I still had xp for two days and it ran perfect almost

I installed windows 7 and all this stuff started happening its not resolution...I tried putting it on 640 for gods sake lol

Ping is usually between 70 and 100 but it lags like that on every server

What I dont' understand is that it doesn't do it on my brothers pc which is the exact same pc with 512 mb less ram and a worse graphics card

I reinstalled the drivers and everything

Anything else I'm missing other than the fact that windows 7 might be bogging down my pc?

EGamerHDK

Windows 7 isn't final.
Well it is. But, I doubt you're using RTM. I know RC is close to the final build but, it might be the OS but, like I said, you can't really blame it on windows 7 just because it hasn't really been released.

EGamerHDK

Yeah, I wouldn't try running any of your favorite games on Windows 7 just yet. And, like I said at most you maybe had the RC, but, if you got a hold of the RTM it might have worked.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I'm surprised it ran (good) on XP. Isnt the Venice 3800 a old 939 socket single core at 2.4 and with a 7600GS. Hum! Must have the setting turned down pretty low.