Why won't my GT 520 Overclock?!?

Krazyshank

It's an EVGA GT 520, I can adjust fan levels, but when I set a clock goes right back to normal! I tried RivaTuner, EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, all to no avail. What is wrong? I have the latest drivers and such.

jonnyp11

well overclocking in os might be an issue, try it in the bios, also i think some mobo chipsets won't let you overclock anything

wolfeking

banned
is this a desktop or laptop card?

If it is desktop, you can not OC a GPU in the BIOS johnny. I doubt that you can in a laptop either. GPUs carry their own onboard BIOS separate from the MOBO BIOS. You can change everything in the BIOS and not affect the GPU a bit (other than PCIe bus speed).

How far were you trying to OC? Cause I know my GT540m would default when it wasnt getting enough voltage for the OC i choose. Otherwise, it would stay OCd.

Krazyshank

is this a desktop or laptop card?

If it is desktop, you can not OC a GPU in the BIOS johnny. I doubt that you can in a laptop either. GPUs carry their own onboard BIOS separate from the MOBO BIOS. You can change everything in the BIOS and not affect the GPU a bit (other than PCIe bus speed).

How far were you trying to OC? Cause I know my GT540m would default when it wasnt getting enough voltage for the OC i choose. Otherwise, it would stay OCd.

Its a PCI Card. It wont OC AT ALL, even 1mhz. So I should flash the bois with custom clock rates, thats what you are trying to say?