Wicked Awesome Case mod. *8 Pics*

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
and the top one (silver grill) was done with tin snips, as you see in the picture.

lol. Kinda sloppy, but overall, well done mate. Best of luck with the finished product. I hope to start and finish my case mods some time this year. :p

awildgoose

I only used them for 1 hole, and here we call them tin snips.
Today I only worked on it for 15 minutes as the heat in the shed built up, so I gotta let it air out.

awildgoose

They are called tin snips here too. I think he was just messing with you ;)

Yeh, I can imagine him doing that. When I first read it I read it fast and just saw "sheers" and thought he was having a go because I'm Australian and one of the stereotypical Australian is a sheep sheerer so yeh, but that's not it anyway.

Back to topic, is there any more comments or anything people thought/think I can do better on or something I can improve on?
Or even a good colour scheme or design, I actually am pretty good with the air-brush.

DirtyD86

banned
Yeh, I can imagine him doing that. When I first read it I read it fast and just saw "sheers" and thought he was having a go because I'm Australian and one of the stereotypical Australian is a sheep sheerer so yeh, but that's not it anyway.

until i see you wrestle a kangaroo in your bonds i won't ever stereotype you :p

in all seriousness they are called aviation shears as well as tin snips

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking good so far,What i would have done is put those two fans on the side at the bottom and cut a clear window for the sidepanel,Then i would give the whole case a new paint job....including the inside.

Looks like you know what your doing with the cables so thats fine.

Im not too sure why you have put switches on the Gpu and Cpu fans though? because i dunno about you but i would never turn them off anyway so its realy pointless them been there?:D

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
If the front bottom is solid you could drill holes in a pattern or style, or saw in a swirl or flame or lightning like you said you wanted ;) and then mount a fan or 2 on the front to suck air through, will keep your system reeeeaaaaal cold if you can get enough air coming through and will look kick ass

awildgoose

I agree with him, the left switch looks way out on the pics, the right one looks straight :p (1)

How can you have a seitch for the cpu and gpu though, can you explain please? (2)

Looking good so far,What i would have done is put those two fans on the side at the bottom and cut a clear window for the sidepanel,Then i would give the whole case a new paint job (3)....including the inside.

Looks like you know what your doing with the cables so thats fine.

Im not too sure why you have put switches on the Gpu and Cpu fans though? (2) because i dunno about you but i would never turn them off anyway so its realy pointless them been there?:D

If the front bottom is solid you could drill holes in a pattern or style, or saw in a swirl or flame or lightning like you said you wanted ;) and then mount a fan or 2 on the front to suck air through (4), will keep your system reeeeaaaaal cold if you can get enough air coming through and will look kick ass

(1) I was looking at the pics at school today and yess, the one on the left does look off.

(2) When I put it as "CPU" and "GPU" I didn't want to right, "fan that blows onto the CPU" and "fan that blows onto the graphics card" so I just put CPU and GPU as something shorter.

(3) I am going to paint it, probably not the inside, but the outside I will. I might do some freehand sketch art or just some stencil work, but it still is going to look good. I don't know when but.

(4) The picture of the case from the back all the way to the inside was meant because I was/maybe might be going to put a fan at the bottom and drill through the front of my case as I don't use those USB plugs and the Audio. But where my DVD drive is I have another 120mm fan just below it, still in the DVD drive bay,

Candy

(2) When I put it as "CPU" and "GPU" I didn't want to right, "fan that blows onto the CPU" and "fan that blows onto the graphics card" so I just put CPU and GPU as something shorter.

Lol he meant why do you have switches for the CPU and GPU fans as there is no reason for wanting to turn them off. In fact, turning them off would be a bad idea.

awildgoose

Lol he meant why do you have switches for the CPU and GPU fans as there is no reason for wanting to turn them off. In fact, turning them off would be a bad idea.

No no no, they are not for the actual CPU and GPU fans at all. There is one fan I added that blows onto the CPU and I added a fan that blows onto the Graphics card. They do not turn the cards/fans on and off themselves just the added extra fans.

Candy

No no no, they are not for the actual CPU and GPU fans at all. There is one fan I added that blows onto the CPU and I added a fan that blows onto the Graphics card. They do not turn the cards/fans on and off themselves just the added extra fans.

Oh ok, that's alight then :)

Dystopia

i memorized you plate num...im gonna hack police databases and then come after you...im a sadistic killer, and my time here has finally payed off. dont go to sleep. dont be in the dark. get a body guard. what ever. I'll still get you. nothing stops me.