Widescreen or Standard Screen

b3atofang3l

I am going to buy a 19" monitor. Both same price. One is widescreen 1440x900 and one is standard.

What do you guys suggest!!?!?!

martyvice

I guess it depends if you prefer Widescreen or not, though with no link it's hard to tell which ones better.

b3atofang3l

Just to clarify, they ahve the same specs. Same COMPANY!!! and 10 dollar difference in PRICE. I just want to know what people think. If more people go with widescreen, then i will. its following de trend.

Yasu

I just recently bought a 19" widescreen Samsung monitor and I love it. The only problem I've had is with Battlefield 2142 because it doesn't support widescreen resolutions. I got past this by setting a custom resolution, but some things are stretched out, like the crosshairs, but it's not a problem and doesn't affect my aim. I think the biggest benefit with a widescreen monitor is that you get to see more.

Jet

VIP Member
Totally personal preference. I got a standard, and am happy with it. Standard is also better for dual monitor setups.

Saurian

A 19" LCD will likely be 1440x900 resolution in widescreen, or 1280x1024 in standard resolution. As said, widescreen lets you see more which COULD be an advantage in games, especially online. However, I find that the less then 1024 up and down really isn't cool. This is why I personally am trying to hold out and buy a 1680x1050 20.1" widescreener. Even more real estate, and higher resolution.

For the 19" range, I'd go with which has either a better name, better reviews, higher contrast, etc.

Post up links to what you are looking at. :)

b3atofang3l

OK.. time to post the links.
Samsung SyncMaster 940BW 19in Widescreen LCD w/ DVI, 4ms, Black
http://www.memoryexpress.com/index....=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=8409

BenQ FP93GX 19in Digital LCD w/ DVI, 2ms, Silver-Black
http://www.memoryexpress.com/index....ctDetail.php&DisplayProductID=7942&SID=140107

Viewsonic VA1912wb 19in Widescreen LCD w/ DVI, 5ms, Speakers, Black
http://www.memoryexpress.com/index....ctDetail.php&DisplayProductID=8927&SID=140107

I personally prefer the Viewsonic

Grey410

Widescreen baby!

I bought the 22" Widescreen Chimei off newegg.com for $338 and it rocks. I had a 19" standard Sony with Brightview which also rocked. I am however using the 22" widescreen and my roommate is now using my old 19". I have had no issues with the 1680x1050 res on my 22" so I'm very happy with it. The games that wouldn't go to 1680x1050 I just got help from other ppl on this forum and altered the files to make it do 1680x1050. It was VERY easy and the help from CF members was awesome! :D

omega52

I am new to WS, Samsung 255BW & the main adjustment was the feeling that I wasn't getting as much working space vertically. It is just a matter of getting my brain to make the adjustment to the wide format. Although I have to say that I had to go with the 22" so I knew that I wasn't giving up any size vertically when moving from a 17" 4:3 monitor. Just make sure you are satisfied with the height of your workspace on the monitor you select & the extra width of a WS will come to be a very good thing.

leetkyle

one of my friends has that samsung widescreen and a samsung normal :

IMG_0263.jpg

it looks sexy.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I was in the same dilema a month or so ago. I went with normal 19" as to wide, and I'm very happy with my decision.