Will this game run smoothly ?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You're going to want a video card because Minecraft is very CPU and GPU intensive.

Darren

Staff member
I think you'd probably be okay to be honest.

My ancient computer that had a Geforce 8400 GS ran minecraft maxed at about 30-40 fps.

Exo

Buying this computer without a GPU is very limiting. If you ever plan on going to another newer style game.... then a video card is a must.

My suggestion is if you dont feel comfortable upgrading parts yourself, then purchase it with the video card.

Darren

Staff member
Buying this computer without a GPU is very limiting. If you ever plan on going to another newer style game.... then a video card is a must.

My suggestion is if you dont feel comfortable upgrading parts yourself, then purchase it with the video card.

+1 to that.

For minecraft you should be fine but buying that computer and hoping to use it for any type of gaming other than minecraft is pointless. You'll want to get a video card if you're going to be doing anything more than MC.

jd132

Agree with denther...just because it comes with a new CPU, RAM, etc., doesnt mean it can run many games. Invest in a nice GPU and it will be a decent system. Good luck.

FuryRosewood

id pick the sapphire, just because i had bad luck with gigabyte videocards failing...mobos are top notch, but if i was going to get a gpu, id grab an asus or evga due to warranty support.

Danoroth

banned
id pick the sapphire, just because i had bad luck with gigabyte videocards failing...mobos are top notch, but if i was going to get a gpu, id grab an asus or evga due to warranty support.
thanks alot for the feedback guys, i might get a GT 440, will it run minecraft smoothley? and i know it probraly wont but will it run BF3?

jonnyp11

should run both i think, but don't plan on high res or high shading, aa, or af, you might get goot settings at like 1280x960 or something on bf3. and also i believe the hd 5670 is more powerful. also you could prob get a little over bottoming out bf3 at 1080p

Exo

Thats a decent card.. should play minecraft fairly well.. Did you delete/ update drivers for the card?