Will this work?

Comp_Newb

I was wondering if either of these will work wirelessly on my network as a repeater?
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/search/sys?query=WRT54G&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max
This is what i want to do. The top blue box represents the router. The yellow line represents 300ft (the max of the router) The middle black box is another house where the repeater will be(blue box) to throw out another signal to boost my signal and boost the signal to a 3rd house on my property.
dfadfa.jpg

Geoff

VIP Member
Should be fine, but if they are 300ft apart you may want to invest in a higher gain antenna, and put it as high up as possible.

Geoff

VIP Member

Encryptor

For the best performance and coverage, I use a outside roof mounted 15db gain Vertical and a 10 watt amplifier, My WiFi signal can be received over 50 miles away.... :)

Encryptor
Linux rocks the planet...

Encryptor

I built the first 10watt amplifier, after that I got several commercial second user amps off eBay (Australian eBay) and imported them, as the amps Aussies use for Digital/Analog TV network links are on 2.4ghz and are WiFi Compatible.

Encryptor

Encryptor

My setup:

Cable Modem
19" Rack mounted Sonicwall commercial firewall
19" Rack mounted managed switch
19" Rack mounted Cisco commercial router

The Cisco router is then linked to 2 Buffalo high powered (250mw) wireless routers, modified DD-WRT firmware installed. One Router is used as a site to site link (directional beams) between me and a friend of mine 4 miles away. The other Router is connected to a 10 watt amplifier and then connected to a 15db gain vertical antenna.

All wireless Routers are setup with WPA2 and AES encryption, also all Computers wired or wireless use VPN encrypted connections to the Cisco Router. All my traffic out on to the internet is then linked to a online VPN service, which means at a touch of a button all traffic from here is completely encrypted and untraceable as it's bounced around several servers world wide.

I also have a Linux server monitoring all traffic in and out of my network,which alerts me of any suspicious activity.

Encryptor