Will Vista be like 95 release?

Will the release of Windows Vista be like the release of Windows 95?

• Yes

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters

PC eye

banned
You won't find Vista to be anywhere near the sensation that 95 was when that version was initially released due to the vast amount of changes in Windows and Linux as well as the influx of new online users throughout the years that have passed since. The internet at this late date is one of the main stimulators of the economy. You shop, bank, submit tax forms, email family and friends, and even post threads like how? With the browser you use along with the OS you run. :D

Mattu

So you don't think it's going to be a "Dawn of a new era in personal computing", or they will not light up the Empire State Building with Microsoft's colors again??:rolleyes:

dynamitecid99

Theres no way, even if vista was as big of a step as 95 was (of which, its definitely not) techies are now used to technological advances.

From XP to Vista, it seems like, is mostly all eye candy, no major advances to the os, just like ME to XP (though this step was bigger than most), or 98 to ME, or 95 to 98. While its not necessariliy all graphical, from reviews and other things that are written about it, most of the stuff is all little things, while it really doesn't run much faster or anything. From MS-DOS to 95 is a step that probably will never be riveled.

Mattu

Theres no way, even if vista was as big of a step as 95 was (of which, its definitely not) techies are now used to technological advances.

From XP to Vista, it seems like, is mostly all eye candy, no major advances to the os, just like ME to XP (though this step was bigger than most), or 98 to ME, or 95 to 98. While its not necessariliy all graphical, from reviews and other things that are written about it, most of the stuff is all little things, while it really doesn't run much faster or anything. From MS-DOS to 95 is a step that probably will never be riveled.

Not unless this ever happens lol! :p

img3c9bf2f761a91.gif

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nah i dont think many people will be rushing out to buy Vista.

Alot of people i know say they do want to eventualy purchase Vista but not until a later date where the bugs have been fixed and probably a service pack released for it.

Im going to wait also.

heyman421

banned
Vista wont make as much of a splash as 95, but it's realistically a much larger leap than any windows since 3.0/3.1.

XP is just a dressed up 2000, vista is brand new, baby. i'm ready :)

kof2000

you have to actually use vista to see how different it is. just simply looking at screenshots will give you an idea that its just like xp with a new skin :)

brinky2006

With Vista, people know what is coming, because of the amount of Beta and RC releases, as well as screen shots and videos.

I already run vista as a second OS choice, and there isn't that much hype to it, just some more security features, and a re-vamp of the graphics.

I cant see that many people rushing out to buy it like in the video, and it was most probably all put on for the camera anyways lol

Adam

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
here in our office we still use windows 2000 and windows 2000 server :)

Yeah i actualy prefer Windows 2000 over Xp as it never let me down with errors & stuff.

Dunno why because isnt Xp built on the reliability of windows 2000 anyway?

Jonyboy

I think there is no point in upgrading at all. If your a gamer then it is worth upgrading because some games will soon be vista only, but if it wasn't for that i would just be with XP.

Heck if there was more support for Linux i could gurantee Linux would have a larger share in the marketplace (mainly because it is free), it's only becuase of the lack of compatability that it fails.