Will Vista be like 95 release?

Will the release of Windows Vista be like the release of Windows 95?

• Yes

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters

mrbagrat

banned
I think there is no point in upgrading at all. If your a gamer then it is worth upgrading because some games will soon be vista only, but if it wasn't for that i would just be with XP.

Heck if there was more support for Linux i could gurantee Linux would have a larger share in the marketplace (mainly because it is free), it's only becuase of the lack of compatability that it fails.

Fanboy. :rolleyes:

PC eye

banned
"Gradually" only of course Linux has seen "some" improvements to offer a closer to Windows environment. But not by much! I just had to forward the link for the "Vista joke" there since the retail price for the Ultimate version runs as high as the latest high end video card. No way senior! I'm not going to rush to spend big money on an AMD quad core or the current $400+ on the FX-60 at the moment. Why spend $400 on Vista's Ultimate version before the SP2 there comes out? Well maybe SP1?

PC eye

banned
With some newer distros you can run Linux on a virtual drive while running Windows. That would give the typical Windows user a look into the open source OS. The main problem even with Wine available is software design. Most games and softwares as well as rely on the Windows environment. Apple/Mac sees the main application in schools and small busineses along with the Pro versions of Windows.

rationalthinking

vista won't be worth the upgrade. they took some cool details out like the maps on disk defragmenter, but there also other cool things that where added... basically XP got new skin!!!! i got the free upgrade with a new laptop from HP, only reason i'll be using it...

alexandergre

Vista is just XP dressed up. Nothing to be exited about.

thats also what im thinking. :)
i though vista would be a new thing, a great hing. they have made lots of beta and rc1 rc2 adn then nothing. when i saw vista for the 1st time i was sitting adn it was just normal. eh no feelings. :(

maroon1

Yeah i actualy prefer Windows 2000 over Xp as it never let me down with errors & stuff.

Dunno why because isnt Xp built on the reliability of windows 2000 anyway?

I don't agree with you, not at all.

I have XP with SP2 and I rarely get any error. XP is more reliable and much better than 2000 in everything. Some computers in my university have windows 2000 and they suck compared to XP.

maroon1

"Gradually" only of course Linux has seen "some" improvements to offer a closer to Windows environment. But not by much! I just had to forward the link for the "Vista joke" there since the retail price for the Ultimate version runs as high as the latest high end video card. No way senior! I'm not going to rush to spend big money on an AMD quad core or the current $400+ on the FX-60 at the moment. Why spend $400 on Vista's Ultimate version before the SP2 there comes out? Well maybe SP1?

Why do you want to spend $400 for vista if you can get a pirated version for free.

I got my pirated XP pro for about $1

PC eye

banned
Why do you want to spend $400 for vista if you can get a pirated version for free.

I was referring to waiting until prices dropped. I can get the Home or Pro editions of XP at this time for about $80. If I need a free OS I'll drop a Linux distro on or something like Solaris or reactOS. Once yoou toy around with the pirated crap you are stuck without support and many other things.

The only time Windows is ever reistalled here is when someone goofs up with something like that or I'm making a change of OS on the second drive for some reason.

I paid $180 for 98SE and $95 for an XP Home recovery disk with SP1 later. Gee then I bought Pro + Home cds with SP2 for $80. The prices are going down on their own. Vista will probably be down to $60-70 when going to upgrade. And Linux is still free with support! :D

Geoff

VIP Member

You should know you cant talk about pirating software here, and where did the $1 come from?

IMO Vista wont be worth the price at launch, although the upgrade price is alot cheaper. But I get it for free anyways, so I probably will end up having it on another partition.

PC eye

banned
The first idea of prices seen on the home user versions of Vista were $400 for the Ultimate, $300 for the Premium, and just over $200 for the basic version. The other two are the Business and Enterprise editions. Eventually the prices for any 64bit versions will be seen. Ultimate is over twice as high pricewise as 98SE was brand new when that came out. I'm in no rush! :D