Windows 2003 Server (Streaming Media Server)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
As a media server, is it possible to use MP3s (if so how) ... not to keen on using wmv/wma/shoutcast/ra(m) and W2K3 is an unalterable option... any thoughts? :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I shouldn't see why not. Did you try a .mp3 file?
Thats right you ran Windows2003 Enterprise for a bit.... how did you configure your streaming media server for independent access?

Well... I did the acceleration to full in DirectX from the soundcard, but I think It should still be independent by itself as you installed 2003. Look in the services, there's alot of services disabled (No they're not hadicaped). My third guess will be SP1. It has WMP10, that's a great enhancement for you

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
That's right you ran Windows2003 Enterprise for a bit.... how did you configure your streaming media server for independent access?

Well... I did the acceleration to full in DirectX from the soundcard, but I think It should still be independent by itself as you installed 2003. Look in the services, there's alot of services disabled (No they're not hadicaped). My third guess will be SP1. It has WMP10, that's a great enhancement for you

Uh.... do you know what the streaming media server is?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Praetor said:
Uh.... do you know what the streaming media server is?
PC Technology Inc. said:
Actually no. Hey! There is no such thing in M$ Whe did you get that?
LMFAO .... *wow* Is there ANYTHING about you that isnt a fraud? It's not like you have to impress us ya know..... not-knowing is perfectly ok (for starters, note that i dont know the answer to this post) ... c'mon work with me:
"My name is PC Technology INC. and I dont know."

tweaker

VIP Member
I'm sorry... tried really hard... but
laugh.gif