Windows 2008 SBS and XP Pro clients

pcsupport

I have a customer with a 2008 SBS server and XP Pro clients logging in through AD.

The problem is that the machines are losing the connection to the server at least twice a day and they then need to be rebooted and logged back in.

Any suggestions / hints on why this is happening?

Any fixes?

Homenet

Need more details, what is happening exactly? Are they loosing network connectivity? Can they ping the server still?

BigSteve702

are they all running through one switch?

you can always go and knockout the clients list and have them all relog in. AD only supports 99 clients or some shit, every week we have to reset ours at work because it will stop giving out ip's once the list is filled

geekitupsum

have you checked your event logs on the server? Is there anything popping up around the time of the computers dropping offline. and when you say they loose connection to the server, what are they connected to? a mapped drive, a network program, a website?

Also check the event logs on the XP clients. I've never had any type of issue like this on the hundreds of AD domains/servers that i've setup unless it was a physical hardward problem with the server or switch..etc