Windows 7 and games?

JohnJSal

So, any verdict yet? This is easily the #1 factor that scared me away from Vista (despite all the other issues!). If I will have gaming trouble, an upgrade is not in my immediate future. :)

Kosh

honestly i never had any game problems on vista.only game i couldnt get to work on vista was midnight club 2.i can say for sure left 4 dead runs great on 7 64bit.being thats the only game im playing right now thats the only one i can vouch for.

awildgoose

There are a couple of minor issues.
One of them is RAM, since it has Dx 10/11 you obviously need more (usually just 1G) than Dx 9, it usually says on the box of the game that you need more RAM if you are on Dx 10.

The other issue is "visual compatibility", I have noticed in some games the screen will go black for a second then go back to the screen with a little note on the taskbar saying "Windows has gone back to basic view" or close to it, it just means that something in the game doesn't like th colours that you have chosen (if you do "customize") for your settings.

That is all I have noticed, otherwise it is really good:good:

inteli7fan

Depending on what ram and etc you have. but those are some of the errors. i play gta iv and it seems okay but sometimes it can lag.

Dropkickmurphys

I haven't had any problems gaming on W7. I play WoW, CoD4 and L4D regularly and haven't come across an issue yet.

Plus, the backwards compatibility for W7 is amazing, so I bet that would help if you had problems with games.

Kosh

The other issue is "visual compatibility", I have noticed in some games the screen will go black for a second then go back to the screen with a little note on the taskbar saying "Windows has gone back to basic view"
:

:eek: a gamer that doesnt optimize there os by not turning that off.:eek:

Aastii

VIP Member
:eek: a gamer that doesnt optimize there os by not turning that off.:eek:

I don't use basic view, always have aero up for aesthetics :D But i have 8GB memory to play with, so an extra 1 used isn't too much really.

I have had no problems at all with Win 7 and gaming or with vista.

I have played CoD4 and WaW, all HL games, battlefield 2, I'm about to use TF2 when it has finished installing, will try Fallout 3 later.

Everything I have used so far has worked fine, I can't see a reason why the others wouldn't work. (I am on 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate)

When i used the 7 beta too I played WoW on it and that worked fine, so much like from XP>Vista, there are no problems with it really except for the odd rare game.

quagmondo23

I've had 7 for a while now and played Arma 2, americas army, swat, battlefield, crysis AND solitaire with no problem!

Aastii

VIP Member
lol, that's what sold me too :)

I'll tell you what, we are laughing but i was so chuffed when i saw they had brought back internet spades, hearts, checkers etc. The amount of time i have wasted on them is ridiculous, but i love em

Kosh

windows 7 pro 64 bit here.so far i have run left 4 dead,and x3 terran conflict wide open settings both smooth as butter.

JohnJSal

Well, this is exciting news so far! To upgrade to a cooler (better?) OS without any problems? No way! :)