Windows 7 Home Premium --> Ultimate

otakubakaa

Hey, i purchased a laptop with preinstalled windows 7 home premium, but i want to upgrade it to windows 7 ultimate, and i was wondering if the serial key that came with windows 7 home premium would also work on an ultimate edition. Thanks!

BrokaToe

Why would you need the Premium cd key? If you're upgrading to Ultimate, the Ultimate software should have it's own cd key on the package. Unless of course the Ultimate your upgrading to isn't a legitimately purchased copy, if this is the case, I doubt you'll find any help on this forum for that issue.

Stoic Sentinel

Why would you need the Premium cd key? If you're upgrading to Ultimate, the Ultimate software should have it's own cd key on the package. Unless of course the Ultimate your upgrading to isn't a legitimately purchased copy, if this is the case, I doubt you'll find any help on this forum for that issue.

+1, the key for Win7 HP will not work for Ultimate.

otakubakaa

I have an ultimate edition that my cousin lent me, not because its the pirated version.....and since i have my own key, why not use my own? But since it doesnt work then i guess it wont work.

Last edited:

wildbill

I got Vista Ultimate upgrade to work on a Home Premium full act key. It didn't install all the software is the thing. So don't screw around with an upgrade copy, get the full version instead.

tremmor

I installed upgrade with no problem. full install. Windows 7 Professional on top of XP Professional. works fine. Honestly just get the Ultimate and be done with it. it was $20.00. Party over and done. Upgrade worked fine. Your good for at least 10 yrs i think. Support has been good. Still learning the features though. Non stop, always something new and surprises.