windows asking me for a password....

kitmk

when i boot up and go to the welcome screen it asks me for a password, this is strange as a) ive had this computer for a few months reformatted once and never ever had a password on it, and b) according to m bios there is no password for user. i tired booting in safe mode, now i cant find a way to do it normally, so i entered one of my recovery discs and pressed f5 for safe mode, it just prompted on a:\ i think, coulda been c:\ anyway waited for ages did jack. another way to get to safe mode, bypass this shitty shit shit, or anyother way of actually entering my windows and going back to normal would be much appreciated. i might consider a(nother) reformat if i can retrieve data from the hard drive, as i have important media as well as documents on it that i cant very well lose.

jp198780

watch the languauge, have you tryed nothing? try admin with no password, i did it yesterday on a Win98 computer...

kitmk

sorry, used to other forums where nabs spam em up then say, all done delete thread and voila its gone, nah it was my mate who changed the password