Windows XP product activation

CuteSniper22

Hi, everyone!!

I don know this question is sensitive , or will break the international law or not. Please forgive me to post at here.

This question is about the windows XP product activation. Before, i using windows XP home(having original CD) but now I already upgrade to WinXP Professional (having non-original CD means that burn from other CD). Here is the problem, the Windows XP Pro CD I have is not the original one , so I'm facing problem that the icons always appear to remind that only remain 60days to activate the product. And then, and also required access to internet for activation(very annoying). but useless... >>>show "invalid product key"

So I try to type the Home edtion's original product key, but still useless, and show that "invalid product key" (may be original product key was already used in XP home before I upgrade it to WinXP Pro, is me right?)

So what will happened to PC after the 60days already pass, unable to use WinXP ? Any ideas to activate it ?

lee101

VIP Member
the xp home product key won't work for xp pro because they are different, otherwise people could just buy home, save the money but use the key in xp pro, and after the 60 days you will not be able to use your pc.
To activate it use the activation wizard built into XP, if it doesn't work and you have a LEGAL version of XP then ring them up,if not go out to your local PC store and LEGALLY buy xp pro, if you want it that badly

Arm_Pit

banned
You need a Windows XP PRO CD key....What you did is illegal, you need to purshace a copy of windows XP Pro, or move back to windows XP Home, if you dont active it in time you cant use your comptuer.

tdeath101

there are some ISO images out there that don't require activation and/or product key. but keep in mind that it is illegal having a back up cd with out the original back-up.including a version modified to not require and activation and/or serial. and for the 60-day thing i believe you have a trial version of the operating system (don't qoute me on that its just a guess). there is also a universal key for windows pro which is on very few serial pages.

(EXTREMELY ILLEGAL NOT HAVING THE ORIGINAL O/S CD!!!!)