Windows XP SP3

911aaron

Is it advisable to update my SP2 to SP3? I heard SP3 still has some bugs, so I'm afraid to download it. If there are bugs, could anyone list some faults within SP3?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I set up a virtual machine and upgraded to SP3, and it seemed fine to me.

I can't say how well it made it perform, as it was only a virtual machine, so it was sluggy as hell.

jgotfire

From what I have read all SP3 is an all the security updates up to the point of it was released. Some of the optional updates were added but not all of them. If you have kept up with the updates then SP3 will not do much improvement for your computer.

IMO it was mostly done for the speed of updating computers on the larger scale, like offices where there are 20+ computers.

cohen

Really if you have SP2 with all the updates there is no need to upgrade to SP3. I did and for me it slowed my computer down..... so i went back to SP2.

colt1911

I upgraded to SP3 about two weeks ago and have had no problems . I can also say that I have not seen any performance improvements either.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
running SP3 here aswell,although im putting vista back on my system later so its going :D

no problem with it though.