Wipe it clean

nebraskaraider

Im tired of my comp. I download a reputable virus program and spyware program and it still is slow and messed up. I just replaced my power supply with a 400w and need to wipe the memory off of it. I log on and I will get pop ups when im not even on the internet and now i cant even download a new virus + spyware program becuase all of a sudden I dont even have windows installer (cant download it because i need installer to instal windows installer). Ive got a OS disk and need help wiping the memory. What is a quick and easy way of doing it?
Great Thanks
Matt

Droogie

if you're sure thats what you want to do, than all you have to do is insert the disc, restart the pc, and it'll ask you if you would like to boot from the CD drive. once you do that it'll begin the installation process.

nebraskaraider

well it looks like its the only way out. I took it to my uncle who is a comp tech and he cant even get past the spyware or find where its at. So all i do is put the disk in and it will reboot and redownload the OS?

Droogie

well it looks like its the only way out. I took it to my uncle who is a comp tech and he cant even get past the spyware or find where its at. So all i do is put the disk in and it will reboot and redownload the OS?

it'll just install form the disc.

effinMaster

yep its that simple...follow the prompts on the screen. Just remember it wipes off ALL your data and programs/software. You will to reinstall your printer so make sure u have your disks and all your software disks, and if you need anything save it on a flash drive or external hard drive.