wireless connection

richmorice

I have a acer laptop and i cannot get it to find the router. I am a student and all of my other flat mates computers are using the router and its fine. It was working, but it just stopped. it is on windows xp. i am pretty sure that the wireless button is on (think its the one on the front with a picture of a satellite).
Have read some of the other threads, but none seem to work. any ideas would be great.

thanks.

axgrinder73

Welcome to the forums!!

Have you checked your network connections in the control panel to see if your wireless connection is active?

th3ha1og0d

I had an Acer laptop too and the wireless would just randomly stop working sometimes. What worked for me was if you hold down the wireless button until the light turns on. It usually takes about 5 or 10 seconds but if you hold it down it may work.

richmorice

No my wireless connection is not active. ip config didnt show much. could it be the network card that is the problem?
The wireless button is flashing orange. tried turning off and on but no difference. Do you mean restart the connection to the router or something else?
ps is there anyway to change the language of the computer because it is my friends and it is norweigan

Last edited: