wireless not working?

cameronp29

I have an acer aspire 3000. i did some ram upgrades and installed vista but then decided to go back to xp. I just installed xp and now my wireless will not turn on on my laptop. what could be the problem?? could it be updates??

sg1

do you have ethernet access? if so plug into it and assuming you have generic ethernet drivers available Right click on My Computer>Manage>Device Manager and find the wireless card listed there, double click it and check for driver updates. If there is no problem there in the device management then have you enabled wireless connection in the network connections or do you have a Fn(function) key on the laptop and a little antennea type symbol on the numeric keys? try holding dwn Fn and the corrosponding number key.

Bit more info required about have you set up the network key for your wireless connection to tie it into the router etc?

mkjaekmi

Hey I have a similar situation, for some reason my laptop used to work with the ethernet cord but now on my cable box it appears to have no light on pc link. I called them up and they said its because I have a wireless wlan card only, but how come internet worked before?

I was using my laptop and all of assudden it freezes and can't access to the internet anymore. I don't have a router, I have a cable modem with an ethernet cord. My laptop is a dell inspiron 1525.

Thank you

sg1

@mkjaekmi
I think you should start your own thread bud, If you were just making a statement then fair enough, however.... you asked a question of your own("but how come internet worked before?")