Wireless router

kirret

Hi

My client has Dell 2350 Wireless Router. It was working fine when suddenly one morning they couldnt get to wireless network anymore. The problem is that when I plug the power adaptor in to the router, wireless light will blink for few times and then it stops (no more green light). When I'm in wireless settings in the router GUI, it shows that there is everything alright, wireless is enabled, Network name is allocated and other things as well. When I check Device Status, wireless is off (disabled). Is it just that the router is faulty or what...?

Kirret

ckfordy

banned
kirret said:
Hi

My client has Dell 2350 Wireless Router. It was working fine when suddenly one morning they couldnt get to wireless network anymore. The problem is that when I plug the power adaptor in to the router, wireless light will blink for few times and then it stops (no more green light). When I'm in wireless settings in the router GUI, it shows that there is everything alright, wireless is enabled, Network name is allocated and other things as well. When I check Device Status, wireless is off (disabled). Is it just that the router is faulty or what...?

Kirret

reinstall the drivers for the router and see if that works. also before you do that unplug the router for 30 seconds for it to reset it self and see if that works.

tractorboy

I do not think routers have drivers, at least the ones I have used.
I think what ckfordy meant to say was .... you should try resetting your router. BEFORE YOU DO you want to make sure you have any info. like user name and password for DSL, cable usuually uses the mac address on the modem. There should be a button that you access with a paper clip or pencil point. Most you have to remove power, hold in the button while restoring power. this will return your router to like it was when you received it.

ckfordy

banned
tractorboy said:
I do not think routers have drivers, at least the ones I have used.
I think what ckfordy meant to say was .... you should try resetting your router. BEFORE YOU DO you want to make sure you have any info. like user name and password for DSL, cable usuually uses the mac address on the modem. There should be a button that you access with a paper clip or pencil point. Most you have to remove power, hold in the button while restoring power. this will return your router to like it was when you received it.

i am pretty sure there are drivers for routers cause i know the one that i have has to have drivers but i dont know maybe some routers dont need them.

tractorboy

where I do not see any in the link
all i see is firmware in DL's

if you go to control panel , hardware , device manager .... do you see your router ?

mustafa 2006

ckfordy said:
i am pretty sure there are drivers for routers cause i know the one that i have has to have drivers but i dont know maybe some routers dont need them.
u can get firmware for routers but iv never heard of drivers for routers.

tractorboy

exactly.... I think he meant firmware instead of drivers, just a poor choice of words. In fact flashing with new firmware may correct what was wrong with the router and is a good idea if the router has a lesser ver of firmware. Of course there is risk involved with flashing with new firmware. So I would do the reset first, then the firmware.

ckfordy

banned
tractorboy said:
exactly.... I think he meant firmware instead of drivers, just a poor choice of words. In fact flashing with new firmware may correct what was wrong with the router and is a good idea if the router has a lesser ver of firmware. Of course there is risk involved with flashing with new firmware. So I would do the reset first, then the firmware.

yes i meant firmwire i thoguth they were both the same but i guess not.

tractorboy

nope they are not, firmware upgrade definately would do the job if that was what was wrong and the router was not so broken as to accept a firmware flash.