Workgroup on Network setup confusion?!

alchemist83

Here's my problem: I have a PK5e wifi/(AP) motherboard in 1 system. This system is my access point (AP) for 3 laptops to connect to.

Wirelessy they all connect and the laptops can access the internet via the AP.
The AP can see all the network through "My Network Places" via my workgroup ("OFFICE").

So for example on the PK5e AP system i can see everyone and access their shared documents folders, move files to them, e.t.c, you get the gist....

But if i go into "My Network Places" on the laptops, they don't show the AP or other laptops.

If i try to access the workgroup "OFFICE" on the laptops, it says I don't have the required privileges in order to do so.

Can someone please advise me on what im doing wrong??

Thanx

The Qban

make sure you have the windows file and printer sharing protocol installed. I say this, because its not installed by default, and not having it installed wont affect the way your laptops connect to the ap for internet, but will affect, why you cant see the shared documents and files on the main system becuase thats what the protocol is for. you ap more then likely has it, thats why you can see everything from that comp but not from the laptops. if you need help installing this protocol on the laptops let me know.

alchemist83

Problem Solved!

Thanx for the input ppl, appreciated.
Lucky, have managed to sort it now, prob was admin rights.

I'm off to play!