Worst Day Ever

James^.^

I messed up real bad... really really really bad...

I am grounded from everything for a while because I got in a ****load of trouble a weekend ago. As of an hour ago I snuck onto my Stepdad's computer and tried to install warcraft 3 to a secret folder. After installation I reset my computer. As I clicked the user name login after restarting the computer the user icons disappear and nothing happens. I can move and see my cursor but the only thing it does is stay on the backgound login thing.

I have vista btw

Help help help
currently in safe mode
I have googled multiple things such as "can't log in" "vista desktop won't load"
but can't find anything

there are no recovery points

If I can get this fixed I'll explain my situation more.. interesting story

wow my quote fits this perfectly

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I messed up real bad... really really really bad...

I am grounded from everything for a while because I got in a ****load of trouble a weekend ago. As of an hour ago I snuck onto my Stepdad's computer and tried to install warcraft 3 to a secret folder. After installation I reset my computer. As I clicked the user name login after restarting the computer the user icons disappear and nothing happens. I can move and see my cursor but the only thing it does is stay on the backgound login thing.

I have vista btw

Help help help
currently in safe mode
I have googled multiple things such as "can't log in" "vista desktop won't load"
but can't find anything

there are no recovery points

If I can get this fixed I'll explain my situation more.. interesting story

wow my quote fits this perfectly

This can be caused by damaged Windows registry file called "userdiff".You can simply solve this problem by reparing your Vista OS using its DVD disk or even more simple go to the REPAIR folder and copy that file from there on the locaiton where that corrupted file is.You can do that using Command Prompt from your Vista DVD disk or from the Linux Ubuntu CD disk.Here is the location for the active registry files:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\

Here the location from where you can take the uncorrupted "userdiff" registry file if its even there:

C:\WINDOWS\repair\

If the file "userdiff" is not on the "C:\WINDOWS\repair\" then simply repair Vista OS using it's DVD disk.

NOTE: Before doing this,make a copy of the "userdiff" file just in case!!!

Cheers mate!

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
You do realize that its against the rules on this forum to downlaod that lol.Oh well I guess its too late now,but be sure to use the disk that contains the SAME WINDOWS VISTA version with the SAME service pack version as your computer does!
Again I am saying: IT IS AGAINST THE RULES ON THIS FORUM TO USE THE DOWNLOADED WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS!!!

James^.^

Hhahahah it worked thank you so much... so much relief. You are a good person S.T.A.R.S.

So without further ado, since I said I would and since my parents are not home yet, I will share my story.
I haven't really shared it so it lacks luster
Two weeks ago my mom announced that she was leaving for Mexico. I finally found an opportunity to do something really fun. I was bragging about it to this cute girl who has been interested in me for a while now. I invited her over last Saturday but she said she had plans to go to the Ballerville Manor which is this bros house out in the country that throws awesome parties. I thought I'd be cool and show up there and meet her, but not only was I going to show up, I was going to show up in my Mom's Nissan 350z. This is a perfect plan except for the fact that I was totally nervous about just showing up seeing as I've never been there before. My solution: I had about five beers. I felt good, I felt really good. I got in the car, and since it was a convertible I put down the top. I was blaring the music all the way to the house. It was so awesome, so awesome. After a 10min drive I was finally there. Everybody must have been fairly impressed lol. As I drove in I looked for a parking spot, I saw a row of cars to my right. I decided to pick the next spot down. When I pulled my Mom's car into the parking spot I quickly realized that what I made out to be a parking spot was actually a ditch...
Story goes on but I believe my parents are home

lhuser

A taste for slanted parking? :p Always look before doing any actions with a car...I happened to be stuck in the middle of a lake...screeching cold and windy as heck...in the middle of the night...Trust me, it could have been worse. Any damage to the car though?

bkribbs

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
ooo yeah, drinking + driving = not good. Well, hopefully you learned your lesson. And seriously, it could have gotten a lot worse. You could have landed yourself in jail, in the hospital or in the cemetery.

tremmor

A taste for slanted parking? :p Always look before doing any actions with a car...I happened to be stuck in the middle of a lake...screeching cold and windy as heck...in the middle of the night...Trust me, it could have been worse. Any damage to the car though?

for information if your car is on the lake and you intentionly take it on the lake. If it falls through the ice the insurance company will not pay for it.

lhuser

I was aware of this..anyways, how could you explain that to them?

You: Hi, I'm calling towards my car
Op: Okay, what's wrong?
You: It kinda...erm...fell through the ice on the lake
Op: Sorry, we don't cover that
You Ah dang it..oh well, thanks!
Op: Have a good day.
Op's thought: What the hell is wrong with this dude?

I waited a long while so the lake was secure enough...but I'm still alert on the risks on it.

James^.^

bent the front bumper and messed up the rims due to the position of the car. Think they used insurance, the cost to me is going to be 800$. Selling my computer to get some quick money and pay it off. Making new thread for it.