WRK54G as AP?

Platinum

I have an issue - I have a wireless router which is located in my basement. I have a WRK54G that isn't being used. I need a wired connection to hook up an IP phone in my office.

Can I use my WRK54G to hardwire my IP phone? Can it be used to connect to my other wireless router so I can hardwire my phone into it, which will then connect to my laptop?

Cable Modem --> Wireless Router | ))) ((( | WRK54G --> Phone --> Laptop

I need the wireless router to connect to the wrk54g - or do I need to go buy a WAP54G to make this work?

Platinum

Just found another WRK54G - if the above doesnt work. Can I set it up like this?

Cable Modem --> Wireless Router --> WRK54G | ))) ((( | WRK54G --> Phone --> Laptop

Can the 2 WRKs be configured to talk to each other wirelessly?

bkribbs

Just found another WRK54G - if the above doesnt work. Can I set it up like this?

Cable Modem --> Wireless Router --> WRK54G | ))) ((( | WRK54G --> Phone --> Laptop

Can the 2 WRKs be configured to talk to each other wirelessly?

If they can, you would need to install different firmware on them.

If you can, it will be here.

mtb211

WRK54G is a linksys wireless router? It should work.. my IP phone works in my office and at home, I think the router has to support VoIP

Platinum

This router is not supported by dd-wrt

And yes, it is a wireless router, I was surprised as well, I was expecting it to be WRT not WRK

Platinum

This router is not supported by dd-wrt

And yes, it is a wireless router, I was surprised as well, I was expecting it to be WRT not WRK