XAMPP installation

mohakowab

I have a problem with XAMMP installation, any thing seemed to be fin until the installation is finished, but the test page "index.php" doesn't work, it says " Something is wrong with the XAMPP installation :-( "...

I have tried many things, and i found many posts with the same problem but nothing worked>>>

Any help

mohakowab

im assuming you've tried uninstalling xampp and reinstalling it?

I did, but before the problem was there

I almost tried 3 local servers but the problem is still there index.php file doesn't function, i think i have got problem with the windows, but am not very fluent on that,,,

Quickpaw

I did, but before the problem was there

I almost tried 3 local servers but the problem is still there index.php file doesn't function, i think i have got problem with the windows, but am not very fluent on that,,,

So unless I'm misunderstanding you, you havent tried uninstalling since the issue started?

Try doing that now.

Also, make sure that when you're navigating to that test page, you're using http://localhost/...... and not file:///

lucasbytegenius

If you can't get XAMPP working, try using AMPPS - it's much better imo.

Also, if you have Skype installed, go in Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection and uncheck Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections.