Xbox 360 and Saints Row problem

Dual_Corex2

banned
Well, i looked about 10 pages back and didnt see a thread about 360 problems. I just recently purchased the 360 just to play saints row. Yea, spending $430 to play one game lol. Anyway, it appears after extensive gameplay the 360 will overheat and lock up for a short amount of time. During this time, it stops the cd and stops the fans for about 1min or so. Which completely stops the game from rendering anything else. It isnt frozen, it just wont let me move, and my car dissappears but i can still change views. And then the cd will start up again and the fans will kick on again. And other times it will just lock up completely.

Anyone have this problem? I notice that even after about 30mins of gaming the air that blows out of the 360 is HOT. Extremely HOT. Did i get a bad seed?

This usually happens about 5-8 hours of gaming.

Dual_Corex2

banned
Get the extra cooler, it helps alot, or you could go with water cooling :D

The extra cooler? I was actually thinking about just getting the same cooling set up im using for my cpu and putting on there

Mini Typhoon 6 heatpipe 100% copper w/ fan and some AS5.

mrbagrat

banned
Yup, the 360 is a hottie. Just be sure to put in in a well ventilated area. Mine is right next to an open window and its fine. If that isn't an option, you could add in aftermarket parts but that would void the nice warranty microsoft has put on it. I think they just added an extra year to all warrantys or something.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
As suggested already, make sure it is in a well ventilated area. Do not sit this system on carpeting. An extended warranty is always a good thing to get when you purchase a 360. Warranty... well that was covered already too, voiding the warranty on a 360 is a bad idea. There is an cooler that I believe was mentioned already too! A bit slow am I :). Check out the link that follows.

http://console.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTA5MiwxLCxoY29uc29sZQ==

bigsaucybob

There is a common issue with the 360 and Saint's Row.

I had the same problem, and so did my cousin. It is something that can probably be fixed with a cooling station, or sent back to microsoft free of charge to be repaired.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I doubt that would help much. Im gonna go with the aftermarket cooling with copper heatpipes and maybe some flashy chrome and lights :p

Nah, maybe copper heatpipes though. And some AS5 might work great.

I'm sure it would help better then you'd think. It is up too you, I just see a voided warranty on an expensive system.

Dual_Corex2

banned
I'm sure it would help better then you'd think. It is up too you, I just see a voided warranty on an expensive system.

Warrenties are for n00bs lol. I took apart my first Xbox as soon as i got and it works till this day after being abused and iv actually tried to run LEDs off the power supply (dont ask me how, i had that thing so ghetto). It was a fun project.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well the only reason I suggest the warranty is because the Xbox 360 is known for failing ;). Me? I never... not once have ever purchased an extended warranty, it's just another way it seems for them to get your cash. I plan on getting a nice big fat extended warranty when I buy my 360 though :p.

When your done, Post some pictures for us... I do like to see things modded, as do most :). Good luck on your venture.

Dual_Corex2

banned
Well the only reason I suggest the warranty is because the Xbox 360 is known for failing ;). Me? I never... not once have ever purchased an extended warranty, it's just another way it seems for them to get your cash. I plan on getting a nice big fat extended warranty when I buy my 360 though :p.

When your done, Post some pictures for us... I do like to see things modded, as do most :). Good luck on your venture.

Will do, i think ill go out and buy the stuff for it tomorrow :D