XFX 5770 Radeon cutting out

northendtrooper

I am trying to play Command and Conquer Generals on my newly built PC and when I click on the application, my TV cuts out. I have to reset my computer everytime. It worked ONCE when I went to go change out the resolution to high and then nothing, never worked again. Is it the game or my Video Card?

hzuiel

Whenever you build a new pc, take all the driver discs and put them in the microwave(light show) and then go download the newest drivers. In some cases if you install from the disc you could be installing drivers that are a year or more old, and have major bugs that have since been patched and improved.

In some cases the newest driver can actually be bugged but most websites allow you to download any version of the driver so if the newest is bugged, download the one from a month prior until they fix the issues with the newest driver.

northendtrooper

Well I put up all of the updates and it still goes black or cuts out my TV. Any ideas? I'm using a no-cd crack+ Torrent. I do own a legal key though

Nightrain

If you are running the games on a TV you need to force the resolution of the game to one that the tv supports. Many games default to resolutions other than your desktop resolution, especially the first time you play before you've had a chance to change it.

I haven't had to play around with that on my ATi PC, but there should be some option for game profiles in the control center. If not then most games have .ini's that you can change the resolution in without having to load up the game (which would send the tv into black if the res is incorrect).

Nightrain

It breaks the rules to have mentioned that, but I'm almost certain it's a resolution issue with the television. I'm not going to speak of that which may not be spoken, but even with a retail disk he'd still be having this issue. If it cut to black then went back to desktop then I'd agree. But knocking the tv out of sync, makes me doubtful.

Ehh, I've given my suggestion. Off to something else. =)

Last edited: