Yet another build question

Rooftop

I am putting together my first computer for Christmas and just wanted some experienced advice on the parts I have selected. Here they are:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AM3
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333
Rosewill BRONZE series RBR1000-M 1000W
ASUS AMD Radeon HD 6850

I've managed to put all of this together for under $700. I already have a case, hard drives, and optical drives so those aren't needed. Should I switch out any of these items? I was considering the 6870 for the GPU but I was trying to stay under the 700 mark. Also, due to this price restriction, I went with AMD insead of Intel. Used for gaming, CAD, and engineering stuff. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

P.C.Man

The Phenom II is incredible in my opinion, I used it to build a machine for a friend recently. I have been an Intel guy most of my life, but I decided to try this processor as my first AMD build, and I'm very impressed with how well it performs. I paired it with an ASUS M4A89GTD Pro Motherboard, XFX Geforce 9800GT, 2GB RAM and a 750W PSU... My buddy's able to run ALL his games with superior quality and zero lag... and I didn't even overclock it.