You know you're a computer geek when..

bomberboysk

I'd hope that's not in the room where you actually work...

seriously?
Actually, yeah it is(we are talking still 50-60f or so in the room due to all the heat producing stuff i have, and thats with hvac vents shut off to my room).(Well, its a modded fan, has a furnace filter in front of it custom mounted(eg- taped) to keep particulate to a minimum). When i really want low ambients i shut everything down except my computer, then pull out my over 1000cfm electric blower motor hehehe(used to be used for one of those inflatable waterslide sorta things).
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk241/bomberboysk/DSCN2783.jpg

Last edited:

ganzey

banned
Actually, yeah it is(we are talking still 50-60f or so in the room due to all the heat producing stuff i have, and thats with hvac vents shut off to my room).(Well, its a modded fan, has a furnace filter in front of it custom mounted(eg- taped) to keep particulate to a minimum). When i really want low ambients i shut everything down except my computer, then pull out my over 1000cfm electric blower motor hehehe(used to be used for one of those inflatable waterslide sorta things).
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk241/bomberboysk/DSCN2783.jpg

how much "heat producing stuff" do you have?

Jet

VIP Member

You asked for them... (56K warning):

Dark view:
IMG_0566.jpg

Plastic bag is taped to a 10" or so box fan on high--then a vent is on the side to the San Ace on high.
IMG_0571.jpg

Shot of the Rad setup.
IMG_0572.jpg

Random readout that I had lying around--it sets an alarm off if the fan (ie, pump) stops. Also has a temp readout which I have set as reading the exhaust out of the rad setup.
IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

Another thermometer/humidity meter. The air outside is right around 40F currently.
IMG_0581.jpg

I didn't have shrouds to keep the fans off of the radiator so I just used packing tape. Pretty ghetto, but it works!
IMG_0585.jpg

Last edited:

bomberboysk

how much "heat producing stuff" do you have?
Networking stuff(makes alot of heat), 2 computers folding, two laptops folding, PS3 folding, refrigerator, plus whatever other random electronic goods are scattered throughout(lcd's, crt's, etc). Oh yeah, and forgot to mention this is a ~10x10 room.

BigSteve702

Networking stuff(makes alot of heat), 2 computers folding, two laptops folding, PS3 folding, refrigerator, plus whatever other random electronic goods are scattered throughout(lcd's, crt's, etc). Oh yeah, and forgot to mention this is a ~10x10 room.

i feel your pain. i work in a server room all day long, its maybe 10x15, has 11 rackmounts in it, 4 dvr servers, and a home network and media server. plus 4 computers constantly running, and whatever computers im working on (usually 4-15 at a time)

gets DAMN hot in there

bomberboysk

i feel your pain. i work in a server room all day long, its maybe 10x15, has 11 rackmounts in it, 4 dvr servers, and a home network and media server. plus 4 computers constantly running, and whatever computers im working on (usually 4-15 at a time)

gets DAMN hot in there
Yup, the exact reason why i can have a window fan in and still be like 60f inside hehe. Network routers produce way to much heat:mad:

robina_80

when you get turned on by computer hardware or software and your friends think your SAD

also when your talking on the phone and your friend finds it really interesting how you remember all of this by not standing near a computer

Last edited:

ganzey

banned

full size or dorm mini fridge? thats a crapload of stuff. whats all the networking stuff for btw?

Respital

Pics?

To be on topic;

Walking into a pole and saying 'damn lag'. :mad::p

Feuerfrei.x

if you get a boner when the parts to your new build arrive

eeeeewwwwww anyways........

You know you're a computer geek when you hang around with the computer technicans at lunchtime at your school...*cough* *cough*

yeh i know that was a bad, unfunny end of sentance but im running low on ideas here

bomberboysk

Pics?

To be on topic;

Walking into a pole and saying 'damn lag'. :mad::p
Id take pics but my room is a total mess right now, didnt get time to clean last week because of exams for school and such.
full size or dorm mini fridge? thats a crapload of stuff. whats all the networking stuff for btw?
Its like an apartment style fridge, like 4ft high and 2.5ft wide or so, can hold just over 80 cans of pepsi at its max:p Network stuff i have is mainly for just to mess with(eg- ccna studying), although i have a couple to connect the rest of my computers and media extenders and such throughout the house.

aviation_man

You asked for them... (56K warning):

Snip

Dark view:

Plastic bag is taped to a 10" or so box fan on high--then a vent is on the side to the San Ace on high.
IMG_0571.jpg

Shot of the Rad setup.

Random readout that I had lying around--it sets an alarm off if the fan (ie, pump) stops. Also has a temp readout which I have set as reading the exhaust out of the rad setup.
IMG_0576.jpg

Another thermometer/humidity meter. The air outside is right around 40F currently.

I didn't have shrouds to keep the fans off of the radiator so I just used packing tape. Pretty ghetto, but it works!

That's pretty sweet! :) I applaud your creativity. Seems like a good Christmas break project!