£800-£1000 for gaming rig

postman_pat

I have ordered that mobo already, but the site I bought it from said that I can just replace my order with them for this micro atx mobo instead. So with this new smaller mobo and the case you recommended am I good to go?

Cheers,

Mike

postman_pat

OK, that's all built up now. Thanks for the links. When I turn it on, it turns itself off immediately after about 2 seconds. Would this be because the PSU that came with the case is no good? If so, which one would you recommend?

Thanks,

Mike

Coogie

Hi there, I'm a friend of postman_pat and we both ordered the exact spec which Garethman!!` has suggested, with the micro case

I've just put mine together and when i press the power button the fans start to spin, but after half a second the computer powers off

What could the reason for this be?

You have ordered the following items;

Item: ASUS P5E-VM HDMI iG35 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard
Qty: 1Cost: 62.93

Item: Antec NSK 1380 Black/Silver MATX Cube Case - With 350W PSU
Qty: 1Cost: 62.05

Item: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium - Licence and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit - English
Qty: 1Cost: 55.78

Item: Sapphire HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI Dual slot cooler HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card
Qty: 1Cost: 102.08

Item: Optiarc AD-7200S 20X DVD±RW/DL/RAM Internal SATA Bare Black Drive - OEM
Qty: 1Cost: 12.92

Item: Corsair 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5(5-5-5-18) Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty
Qty: 1Cost: 49.97

Item: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz 1333FSB Socket 775 12MB L2 Cache (2x6MB) Retail Boxed Processor
Qty: 1Cost: 178.25

Item: Seagate ST3100340AS 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm *32MB Cache* - OEM
Qty: 1Cost: 84.24

Item: Zalman CNPS9500A-LED Aero Flower Socket 478/775/AM2/754/939/940 Cooler
Qty: 1Cost: 26.38

Last edited:

Gareth

Hey Guys, Yeah, the power supply is too weak on that case for the system, I should have spotted it when finding the links but I could have sworn I found a dedicated PSU on the first post, but looking up, I noticed it was a 500W antec which came with the case.

I have found this power supply, which power the system
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/124922

Sorry for not spotting that mistake :(

Coogie

Thanks, I ordered your recommended power supply and some artics silver 5 gel

I have one question.

when you plug in the HD audio cable from the front of the Case unit, I can find the place correctly to plug it in, but there is another cable attached to it, and I have no idea where it is supposed to go..
Do i just leave it unplugged?

All the USB and power, set, LED cables are in the right place...

Gareth

Yes, I think it gets left unplugged, I have the exact same cable in my system, and I leave the attached one unplugged and the front audio works perfectly.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Hi there, I'm a friend of postman_pat and we both ordered the exact spec which Garethman!!` has suggested, with the micro case

I've just put mine together and when i press the power button the fans start to spin, but after half a second the computer powers off

What could the reason for this be?

You have ordered the following items;

Item: ASUS P5E-VM HDMI iG35 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard
Qty: 1Cost: 62.93

Item: Antec NSK 1380 Black/Silver MATX Cube Case - With 350W PSU
Qty: 1Cost: 62.05

Item: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium - Licence and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit - English
Qty: 1Cost: 55.78

Item: Sapphire HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI Dual slot cooler HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card
Qty: 1Cost: 102.08

Item: Optiarc AD-7200S 20X DVD±RW/DL/RAM Internal SATA Bare Black Drive - OEM
Qty: 1Cost: 12.92

Item: Corsair 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5(5-5-5-18) Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty
Qty: 1Cost: 49.97

Item: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz 1333FSB Socket 775 12MB L2 Cache (2x6MB) Retail Boxed Processor
Qty: 1Cost: 178.25

Item: Seagate ST3100340AS 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm *32MB Cache* - OEM
Qty: 1Cost: 84.24

Item: Zalman CNPS9500A-LED Aero Flower Socket 478/775/AM2/754/939/940 Cooler
Qty: 1Cost: 26.38

1) Case PSU's stink from the start. It'll die before you get to start the computer.

2) Q9450 + 350W Case PSU? What was that guy thinking?

Gareth

Antec cases come with Antec PSUs, which are of the highest quality. And the reason for why the 350W is above...

Hey Guys, Yeah, the power supply is too weak on that case for the system, I should have spotted it when finding the links but I could have sworn I found a dedicated PSU on the first post, but looking up, I noticed it was a 500W antec which came with the case.

I have found this power supply, which will power the system
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/124922

Sorry for not spotting that mistake :(

Coogie

It's fine no worries

I"m just hoping that when i get the new 500w Psu, the whole thing will boot up and work after installing drivers/tweaking bios

I haven't built a computer for about 4 years and it's quite discouraging the bloody thing shuts off after half a second

Coogie

I took some iphone pics of what the problem is.
Which PSU should i order instead?

IMG_0055.jpg

OLD PSU

IMG_0050.jpg

OLD PSU

IMG_0051.jpg

OLD PSU

IMG_0052.jpg

NO PSU

IMG_0053.jpg

NEW PSU

IMG_0054.jpg

NEW PSU

Respital

OK, that's all built up now. Thanks for the links. When I turn it on, it turns itself off immediately after about 2 seconds. Would this be because the PSU that came with the case is no good? If so, which one would you recommend?

Thanks,

Mike

Honestly i had the same problem when i built my computer.
I didn't look at the PSU but make sure you plugged in the 12v (i think) cable to power the processor..i missed this but after some quick trouble shooting i got it fixed.

Hope this fixes your problem. :)

Coogie

The problem now is the PSU doesn't fit into the case unit

I'm not sure how to make it fit, or which PSU i should order as a replacement...

Regards,

coogie

Coogie

Garethman!!` should not be a allowed to advise on specific builds on these forums

he cost me both time and money

just a noob

you should have researched it before you bought it, but anyway, what case it is, if you have two 5.25 inch bays, you can sacrifice whatever is in there, and throw in the psu