1.8? X4

StrangleHold

Staff member
Its ok. If you have a AMD processor now you would have to change your motherboard. If you have a AMD board it would be better just to get a better AMD processor.

mx344

All depends on the speed the cpu is running at, and if the programs you are using are mutli-threaded, the only mutli-threaded program i use is video/audio transcoding, and gaming of course :D, but most of the programs i use aren't written to use full advantage of a quad or tri for that matter. So i would suggest you get either a higher clocked quad, or high clocked dual.

StrangleHold

Staff member
shouldnt the x4 be faster

Depends, the Phenom I is 800mhz. slower on each core, plus its slower clock for clock againt the core 2. If you running a program that uses all 4 cores, yeah it migh beat it. If not, no. It just comes down to the Phenom 9150e is a low GHZ. model.

2048Megabytes

What motherboard do you have? It might be possible that a Phenom 8750 Tri-Core (which has a 2.4 gigahertz clock speed) would work with your motherboard. We need to know the model of your motherboard though in order to know what processors will work with your current system.