1 Fan Connecter?

emac227

i only have 1 fan connection on my motherboard right now? and i was wondering if there was a splitter or something i can get to add more fans?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Only one connector? That's weird. All else fails, you can get a fan controller.

jamesd1981

if you haven`t already bought the fan, you can get case fans that use standard molex connection from power supply

Nanobyte

What make and model is the motherboard? It's not possible that there is only one for a board that takes a Q6700 processor! These days fan connections can have 4 pins, not the traditional 3-pin. Have you looked in the manual?

emac227

the board is a foxconn from an HP computer, when i looked i only seen one connector, i could just be missing it. I was planning on getting a fan controller, would it work?

Nanobyte

If you are going to get a controller that solves the issue. Temporarily you could get a fan splitter cable or do what Jamesd1981 suggested or get a 4pin molex to 3pin fan cable (variation of Jamesd1981).

emac227

If you are going to get a controller that solves the issue. Temporarily you could get a fan splitter cable or do what Jamesd1981 suggested or get a 4pin molex to 3pin fan cable (variation of Jamesd1981).
any suggests for a fan controller from tigerdirect.ca? give me a few options if you could?

Nanobyte

any suggests for a fan controller from tigerdirect.ca? give me a few options if you could?
No. I don't use them and it depends how fancy you want to be. It's you that wants separate fan control so you must have some idea of what you are looking for. You can alternatively control speeds automatically via BIOS, software such as Speedfan, your MB utilities or other gizmos.

emac227

No. I don't use them and it depends how fancy you want to be. It's you that wants separate fan control so you must have some idea of what you are looking for. You can alternatively control speeds automatically via BIOS, software such as Speedfan, your MB utilities or other gizmos.

true, but a big reason is so i can have more then 1 case fan

Nanobyte

true, but a big reason is so i can have more then 1 case fan
Why? You can use a Y-splitter cable as I already mentioned, or using Molex as Jamesd1981 mentioned, direct off the PSU (100% speed though without another gizmo).

I don't see any provision for the PSU fan on that MB. It may be internally powered but you usually connect to the MB to monitor speed.