1 GHz on a 4400+?

911aaron

i was looking at my computer specs using SiSoftware Sandra lite, and when i was looking at my CPU specs i saw this:

it says my speed is 1.00 GHz when an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Brisbane is supposed to be 2.3GHz. Is something wrong or is this normal?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
maybe its the power saving thing on amds...i think it can be disabled in the bios ;)

cohen

i was looking at my computer specs using SiSoftware Sandra lite, and when i was looking at my CPU specs i saw this:

it says my speed is 1.00 GHz when an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Brisbane is supposed to be 2.3GHz. Is something wrong or is this normal?

hhhmmm.... i'll download the program now and see what mine is... i have the 4200+ which is 2.1GHZ and i'll see what the program says.

reddevil6

it is cool $ quite.it will go back to full speed when u do something that requies more than 1GHz my 6000+ goes down to 1GHz when it is not doing anything

cohen

hhhmmm.... i'll download the program now and see what mine is... i have the 4200+ which is 2.1GHZ and i'll see what the program says.

hhmmmm..... i'm not sure but have a look at mine

911aaron

it is cool $ quite.it will go back to full speed when u do something that requies more than 1GHz my 6000+ goes down to 1GHz when it is not doing anything

i tested your theory. I ran 3 video games on my computer at the same time (warcraft 3, maplestory, and cabal) and i had firefox, divx, misc, on as well. while these programs were running i checked wat my my speed would say and it still says 1 GHz. any other thoughts?

Rudster816

banned
whats your FSB running at? whats your multiplier set at in the BIOS? you cant raise them on normal CPU's but you can manually lower them by mistake

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
I think it's the powersaving feature of AMDs...

How CPU intensive games did you play? WoW is NOT very CPU intensive, it could be that Mr Athlon can't be bothered speeding up since it hasn't got much to work on.

ChrisUlrich

i dont understand why yours says 2.11 while mine says 1.00...

Make the processor work and open that page up quickly. Having stuff open in the background really isn't gonna go nutso for the processor. My E6600 does the samething.

So open up a couple things and quickly open up that window. You should see it rise and drop real quick.

911aaron

Try downloading CPU-Z (www.cpuid.com) and see what it says there, it gives live readings from the CPU so we can see what, if anything, is happening.

i used CPU-z and it also says 1 GHz. But i did notice it went up to 1.1 GHz just for a moment when i had a bunch of applications open at once, but then the GHz went back down to 1 GHz after a sec. While I had a bunch of applications open, I looked at my task manger and the CPU usage says that it was using 100% while CPU-z said my proccessor speed is at 1.0 GHz.

Vizy

ok try resetting ur bios. consult ur mobo manual as a way to do this. this usually can be done ny moving a jumper and toggling with the mobo battery. if u need more help just post back.

reddevil6

after u reset your bios open CPUID, clich on the CPUID so u can drag it around go fron 1 side of the screen to the other as fast as u can stop an quickly look at it's speed.