$10 computers!

ryf

I bought 3 celeron 1.2 Ghz with 512mb 20 gig w/ 17" CRT (xp loaded w/ disk)for $10 a piece from my local school system that was closing the school.

they aren't spectacular computers, but they are good christmas gifts for our family members who have kids in school and can't afford computers (with parents permission).

just wanted to brag on the good deal.

calumn

Very good deal.
Nice thing to give away
You should keep one and make it into a server or firewall or something.:D

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
the CPU's alone sell for £10 ($25 USD) on eBay.co.uk, you could make a fiar profit if you parted them out, im sure you could get rid of the HDD's for around £20 and the screens for £10 each....

dragon

Bobo

banned
You shoulda bought all of them and sold them....like Dave said lots of profits to be had, even with old celerons.

ryf

yeah, they are pretty good little runners, especially now..

I went back with more cash (cash only sale) but they shut down early due to lack of turnout.... it WAS the day before thanksgiving hahaha.......

I considered that, but these events are like buy 1 get one free at toys-r-us... you pretty much are fighting to get anything. people taking your stuff if you leave it for a second... i took my father in law to watch my cart while I' explored.

put it like this, doors were chained and armed police were keeping the peace.