100-250 Fps

Yo-Yo

I have a video camera that can record at 100 or 250 fps. I have a tv tuner with composite and s-video inputs. The camera can output in both of those formats. However, the software for my tuner only records at 30 fps. If I get a DV cable, will that allow the transfer of the video?

Yo-Yo

it's a dvpro camera, and it's for high speed slow motion capture

No, It is a video camera my dad bought back in 2000, I think it was about $700. Back when they were expensive. It is nothing too special. However I think if I can try to play it back slower and record it, it should work. And I need the high frame rate to slow down some video. AKA water drop...

lhuser

Actually, if you look at Newegg, they have some that are higher than 30FPS, but that also includes price and advanced searching of the model. It's, without a doubt, going to bottleneck the 100FPS cam you bought. I'd suggest getting another TV tuner card. I could help you choose one, if you want.

Darman

I'm not quite sure that your camera can record that fast. if it could, then why would people be paying $2,599 for a camera that records at 160 fps? Give me your camera make and model and i'll look it up.

Yo-Yo

:eek: I guess It may not, it says shutter speed, however in the manual it refers to a setting if you wish to slow down the speed later.
Also here is the camera model gr-dvl822u good luck finding it, i couldn't find it on the JVC website.