1080p 144hz+ ips monitor suggestions

beers

Staff member
Any reason specifically 1080p? I kind of feel like this is the early/mid 2010s where nobody wanted 720p panels anymore.

beers

Staff member
because $250 budget?

It's kinda hard to find 1440p high refresh rate at that price point I guess. At least one I'd recommend to people.
I mean, I'd buy this Pixio PX277 Prime again and it's $259 for 1440p@165

Just seemed odd to arbitrarily restrict resolution instead of shopping around budget.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I mean, I'd buy this Pixio PX277 Prime again and it's $259 for 1440p@165

Just seemed odd to arbitrarily restrict resolution instead of shopping around budget.
That's not bad. What's Pixio like? Haven't really seen this brand up north.

beers

Staff member
It's been a pretty good set-and-forget panel that just works, no real issues, pleasant to use. Some of the reviews indicate color reproduction items but a couple of small adjustments seems to make it pop. Even supports alt mode for usbc connections but I assume that's standard. Kind of an emerging budget brand that integrates a few quality features.

That'd be my suggestion, although that price point is kind of weighing between a smaller higher refresh panel or 27" around 1440/120. I'd probably tell OP to do a few mins of research, pick the couple that you like and research those against each other.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Honestly the difference between 120 and 144 isn't enormous. Like yeah... it's smoother but I wouldn't rather have 1080 over 1440 over it.

The gigabyte one on his list has the best specs "on paper" but a proper review if available will show you more information than a comparison table.