12 Volt Raid Reads Low.

SubDude199

I just built the rig in my sig. until today I was using a $200 BFG PSU and accroding to everest and asus probe the 12 volt rail was at 12.2.. Now I got my new psu. wich is better (PC P&C Silencer 750) and the 12 volt rail reads 11.94V. Now I now these are sometimes inacurate. but Nothing changed but the psu so I know that the 12 volt rail is lower on this psu.

So will this effect anything. I dont really like seeing voltages lower than they should be. I have searched and cant really find anything on this.

Thanks

Geoff

VIP Member
11.94v is very close to 12v, I wouldn't worry about it as long as nothing is malfunctioning.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Other than the apps you used?

Rails fluctuate, you're never going to get a static rating. As long as they don't jump all over the place, it's normal.

SubDude199

ok.. I guess I will stick with it.. I dont notice anything bad. If anything bad happends I will post back.

Thanks every 1 for the help

ceewi1

VIP Member
Software measurements will only give you a ballpark figure at best. Try a multimeter and see what it says. In any case, 11.94V is well within spec, and if that's just an idle voltage it isn't the most important consideration anyway.

You can't measure ripple without an oscilloscope and a bit of other equipment either.

dznutz

if you use your multimeter on a 5v automotive sensor like an O2 sensor you'll get a max reading of 4.96v or so. i'm guessing there's resistence in the device. in other owrds it's normal