$1200 budget no graphics card build

Eric4753

I already have a gtx 1070 in my current build and am looking to upgrade. I currently have
Windows 10 64bit
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)
Nividia GTX 1070
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 1866
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Corsair CX Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze

Now I am clueless when it comes to picking out pc parts, so any help is appreciated. I currently use a lan box for my case. Should I get a new power supply or will the old one last?

Last edited by a moderator:

_Kyle_

The old one should be good. Really all I would get is 16GB of DDR4, a Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake i7, and a nvme SSD.

Eric4753

should I get a new motherboard? if so what would you recommend. My pc will randomly fail to boot past the manufacturer screen sometimes so I think it is dying on me. Also to use ddr4, I'd have to buy a new one as it won't fit.

beers

Staff member
Not only ddr4 but nothing newer than ivy bridge will fit in that socket, so a new board is a given.

If you happen to live near a microcenter they have some decent Ryzen/Intel bundles where you get a discount between the board and CPU.

Do you do anything other than game with your pc?

Eric4753

Not only ddr4 but nothing newer than ivy bridge will fit in that socket, so a new board is a given.

If you happen to live near a microcenter they have some decent Ryzen/Intel bundles where you get a discount between the board and CPU.

Do you do anything other than game with your pc?
I only game on it and am looking into buying a 1080p monitor with 144hz for the build. I unfortunately live in the middle of nowhere in West Virginia. Would Columbia or Pittsburgh have those microcenters? I can travel there if it's worth it.

MisterEd

How far are you from Fairfax, VA?
Micro Center
3089 Nutley Street
Pan Am Plaza
Fairfax, VA 22031
(703) 204-8400