125 watt? need new 300 watt//6cm fan

Greg J.

VIP Member
Hello all. I need to replace the old power supply on the computer I'm building do to stability reasons. This power supply of 125 watts ATX-## (the modern ones since 1998) is too old and looks as if it will burn out soon ! I am in need of a 300 watt power supply that has a 6cm (60mm) fan in it. These smaller SIZED power supplies just aren't manufactured much any more. Everyone's got 8cm power supply.....lol Do you know anyplace online that I could order such a supply? This machine isn't bleeding edge. It's just a basic gaming machine. This is why I only need so much power for my devices. :confused: :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Dont forget to also make sure it's a brand name PSU rather than some no-name thingy; a good PSU with solid rails is a much better choice than some cheaper or "bigger" noname PSU.

Is there a reason you want a 60mm fan? The size of the fan wont affect the size of the PSU that much. Some 350W PSUs here you might want to consider: http://www.xoxide.com/powersupplies1.html

Greg J.

VIP Member
That's the only size that'll fit into the top back !

The power supply I'm looking for must be specific in dimensions to be able to fit in the case frame. The size of the fan speaks for its dimensions. :)

Greg J.

VIP Member
Intel DataConnect small mid-tower case

Silencer 235 ATX 125 watt power supply with 6cm fan. 4 inches tall, 5 point 5 inches long, 6 point 25 inches wide. ;)

Greg J.

VIP Member
Support for Pentium 3?

Thank you, BUT I don't see any that are compatible with Pentium 3? Yes, micro power supply. :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing specific about the Pentium 3; they all use the same 24 pin mobo connector (or was it 20 i cant remember). The only difference is that the P4 PSUs have an extra 12V line for the mobo which you just dont use if you're using a P3 :)

Greg J.

VIP Member
Thank you !! (Always there)

I'm going to see if I can buy the power supply new. I DON'T want to go to Computer Renaissance to buy some used power supply that might explode :) lol :) Its cool. :cool:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Cool, glad I could lend some insight ... I would still think it worth an upgrade on the case as you can even get a case+psu combo for fairly low price these days :)