12v supplies

ivtec

banned
Originally Posted by ivtec
Hi guys I have here a Lenovo thinkcentre A70 series and i have also a
12v pc monitor DRW PX 9 v that i want to connect to the lenovo 12 v supplies but there is no extras wires for 12 volts, i wonder if you guys can advise on what wiring that is shown in the pic is save to chant 12 v to feed the monitor,

I've been using it with ATX power supply with the HP PC that has extra 12 volts wires,any help would be appreciated.

ivtec

banned
Last edited:

ivtec

banned
Do you have any extra molex cables coming off the power supply? Those are 12V as well.

No there are no extra cables, this is a diferent power sup compared to other like ATX250,
the purpose of adding power from the pc to the monitor is to be able to turn on and off at same time of the pc,otherwise i would use 1 of the 2 atx power sup that i have, i need 12vdc 4A for the monitor,thanks.

ivtec

banned
No there are no extra cables, this is a diferent power sup compared to other like ATX250,
the purpose of adding power from the pc to the monitor is to be able to turn on and off at same time of the pc,otherwise i would use 1 of the 2 atx power sup that i have, i need 12vdc 4A for the monitor,thanks.

Ok i chanted the cables to the monitor to the cables that sup the CD/DVD,
and it's working fine so far,the monitor only is 48w power consumption, hope the power sup will handle it, my worries are that the power sup rating say do not exceed 87w.i suppose it means between mother board and all the hard ware connected to the power sup,but i rarely use the CDDVD, so i guess it compensates.

Okedokey

The output wattage on the 12V rail is 240W, which is 20A, however the 12V rail is only rated at 17A, and add the crappy quality and derating factors, you probably have 15A available. The monitor will draw a consistent 48W, which at 12V is 4A, leaving only 11A for your system. Completely insufficient and you are silly to do so. replace the psu.