144 hz or 4K?

TruckingCody

your comparing 2 different specs.

hertz has to do with frames per second. 120 or more is needed for 3d. (assuming you have a computer that can spit out 3d, and glasses)

4k is resoultion. This means you have more pixles per inch and thus a crisper image. Again, this only works of you have hardware that can display 4k.

What graphics card do you have? thats would be a start to see what tech would be usefull

Geoff

VIP Member
your comparing 2 different specs.

hertz has to do with frames per second. 120 or more is needed for 3d. (assuming you have a computer that can spit out 3d, and glasses)

4k is resoultion. This means you have more pixles per inch and thus a crisper image. Again, this only works of you have hardware that can display 4k.

What graphics card do you have? thats would be a start to see what tech would be usefull
He knows that, he's asking which one would be the better option.

For that we need to know more, do you do a lot of gaming, video editing, photo editing, movie watching, etc.?

salvage-this

Depends on what you want out of a monitor. High refresh rates for competitive gaming or More pixels for a larger area to work on.

For 1080p I would not go 27" 23"/24" are really the sweet spot for 1080.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B2HH7G0/ref=psdc_1292115011_t3_B00906HM6K

At 28" a 4K display will most likely need a bit of scaling in Windows to see without squinting too much. I would pass on that as well but that is really just my opinion.

If you do want more screen but do not want to scale Windows to make it easy to read get one of the 27" 1440 displays.