144hz Moniters w/ VGA?

KBGaming

Hey guys,
I was wondering what requirements were needed to run a 144hz monitor
I currently have an old, 60hz monitor that uses a VGA cable, and my computer doesn't have a HDMI cable port, so that's out of the equation.
I have a HP Compaq 6200 Pro, and the only ports are VGA and displayport 1.4
What would work best for me?

beers

Staff member
Not really enough bandwidth, VGA struggles hard at HD resolution already. That PC is a bit lethargic to push modern games at high framerates.

KBGaming

Not really enough bandwidth, VGA struggles hard at HD resolution already. That PC is a bit lethargic to push modern games at high framerates.
it’s not so much the gaming side of it, I use it for editing a lot. Would a display port 1.4 cable work for 1080p 144hz?

beers

Staff member
Would a display port 1.4 cable work for 1080p 144hz?
Probably irrelevant when the onboard only supports DP1.1, do you know specifically what GPU is in there or is it the Intel integrated?
For 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors the maximum supported resolutions are:

• DisplayPort 1.1 = 2560x1600 at 60 Hz

KBGaming

Probably irrelevant when the onboard only supports DP1.1, do you know specifically what GPU is in there or is it the Intel integrated?
I haven’t changed any internals except for a bigger HDD and A ram upgrade, I’ll open it up when I get home this afternoon.