19" Widescreen LCD recommendations

pbdr

As the title says, what is a good (best) 19"ish widescreen LCD in terms of bang for buck. I'm looking for something around (hopefully less than) $200.

I'm currently running a 17" LG LCD, good montor, but maybe time for an upgrade.

Thanks.

gurra92

Du you mean you can get a 19" LCD monitor for about $200? Then I'm gonna move to America! Damn! In Sweden is $300 really cheap. If there is any internetstore where I can get one for $200, I'll buy it right away!

Jet

VIP Member
Du you mean you can get a 19" LCD monitor for about $200? Then I'm gonna move to America! Damn! In Sweden is $300 really cheap. If there is any internetstore where I can get one for $200, I'll buy it right away!

Newegg.com, etc. all have them for under $200, but most don't ship to Sweden, so that would be interesting trying to find one..

wixostrix

i have an acer laptop and the screen is really clear and brite. I assume the their monitors would have most of the same technolgy and it has good reviews:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009091

However, i think the best monitor u can get is a dell ultrasharp. i have one and its GRAND! Anyway, the ultrasharp is supposed to be unharmful for your eyes, thats what i heard, but i havent experienced like my eyes hurting when i use it for a long time when i had a CTR display so I guess it is good.

its a little more, cause the wides start at 20.1 inch, but if u can i would say get that.

gurra92

I've never seen prices like that! I wish I could find stuff like that in swedish stores. Anyway, have somebody tried widescreen? How's that? I don't know if I want it...

wixostrix

I've never seen prices like that! I wish I could find stuff like that in swedish stores. Anyway, have somebody tried widescreen? How's that? I don't know if I want it...

Widescreen is GRAND!!! I probably like it so much casue im a movie junkie and i like em in widescreen. u still get the black lines but not as big as a 4:3 aspect. and most programs u have the option to strech it to fit the screen and u dont have a huge distortion problem. thats for movies and tv. as for the desktop u have more space and can have multiple windows across the screen (depending on the size)

yangster

The Samsung 941BW is a good monitor. Bright and beautiful pictures. This is only my second monitor, compared to a stock monitor, and I love it right now. It does what I want and fulfill my needs. I got it for $165 from buy.com when they had the rebate, but right now it's $209.

sniperchang

Most games at this point dont support widescreen resolutions

I'm almost certain most game do, or I should say most "newer" games do...
The Samsung 941BW is a good monitor. Bright and beautiful pictures. This is only my second monitor, compared to a stock monitor, and I love it right now. It does what I want and fulfill my needs. I got it for $165 from buy.com when they had the rebate, but right now it's $209.

Uhhh... What do you call a "stock monitor"?

EDIT: Appoligies I didn't realise this thread was old, I had just click it from similar thread (below)

Last edited: