1GB vs 2GB RAM: No big difference?

xBoom

I read something on C|Net or Tom's Hardware (forgot) that shows:
Photoshop: 2GB is faster.
F.E.A.R. (I think): 1GB is faster (2 FPS lower with 2GB).

Geoff

VIP Member
The reason FEAR would be lower is most likely because it's just in that range where different tests show slightly different results, like if they ran the test multiple times with 1GB, then will get different results everytime.

And any new game should run games better with 2GB if you run Vista, or have the settings on high/highest.

12-Gauge

I think we are soon going to be at a point where games will state 2GB of ram as their minimum requirements. Games like Crysis are said to be able to run with 1GB, but more often than not, this is considered a bare minimum and would result tin the game running poorly. FEAR is different because it has been out a while. Newer games will eat a gig or ram for breakfast,

curtains

the performance different difference shouldnt be much different bettween 1gig and 2gig unless the program actually needs more than 1gig.

so if you had a program that only need 400mb of ram the performance different wouldnt be much if any at all.

Bradan

wat do you have the settings on?

i just noticed ive had soft shadows on, and it bogs my comp down so much while playing, it has nearly the impact of 6X aa and 16 af