1st timer,any help greatly appreciated

dougw

Dwnloaded/trialed/uninstalled 2 pop up blocker prgrms couple days ago.After that
Norton anti-virus and firewall wouldn't come up in toolbar.windows Xp said firewall was on,
Norton said it's disabled.
Uninstalled/reinstalled anti virus,that's OK.
Can't uninstall firewall,gives me message about having to be a supervisor to access
this area.Ntscp/IE won't let me access any websites that require a sign on (ie,to do
banking).
Haven't tinkered with any Windows/Ntscp/IE security or password issues.
Totally perplexed.Help??

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
That's strange...

I suppose you are the owner of the PC you are describing. It seems like something like a virus has made sure that things like that occur. I would try MANUALLY DELETING the firewall folder...restarting...and then reinstalling. It could be risky though.

JAN :D

Maurik

before you do anything, make sure that it isnt a virus you've got, scan your computer with this:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Dwnloaded/trialed/uninstalled 2 pop up blocker prgrms couple days ago.

What ones were they, names mite help cos then we can find out if they have any known malware problems

Can't uninstall firewall,gives me message about having to be a supervisor to access
this area.Ntscp/IE won't let me access any websites that require a sign on (ie,to do
banking)

ive seen this before - cant access hotmail and the like either eh?
Run 'HijackThis' and get rid of the IE spyware, also run Spybot S&D and AdAware.

to be a supervisor to access
this area

Are you logged in as the same user as you were when you installed the program?

Verrona

Uninstall everything after doing a virus scan. Then c what happens. Try not 2 use to many spyware programs, one is enough.