1TB SATA HDD not showing in Windows Seven

Juven

Hi,
I have my old 40GB IDE HDD which i use for OS(Seven).
I use 250 GB SATA HDD Which is shown in My Computers.
Yesterday i bought 1TB SATA HDD.
In SATA0 i have 250GB HDD, In SATA1 i have 1TB HDD.
So total of 3 HDD.

All HDDs can be seen in BIOS and in Ubuntu OS(boot from CD)
I partitioned 1TB HDD(as NTFS) using Ubuntu CD (Partition Editor), which i always use to do for partitioning my other HDD and works good.

Now when i restart Windows seven(RTM) 1TB not showing?
So i installed my old XP and I can see my 250 and 1TB in My Computer perfectly.

Is there any problem in Jumper placement?
Or problem with Seven and how to install now HDD in Seven?
Please guide me.

atthedouble2

If you haven't already tried it, you could just put all your jumpers on cable select - It worked for me when I got my new SATA HDD

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you haven't already tried it, you could just put all your jumpers on cable select - It worked for me when I got my new SATA HDD

Sata hard drives don't have jumpers per say. The only jumpers they have is to limit drive speed on some models.

To original poster, please follow Cromewells advice and just initialize the disk and format it in windows 7 using disk management.

atthedouble2

Sata hard drives don't have jumpers per say. The only jumpers they have is to limit drive speed on some models.

To original poster, please follow Cromewells advice and just initialize the disk and format it in windows 7 using disk management.

Well...I know they don't, but I set my IDE HDD to this because for some reason it was having trouble detecting my new drive. After I'd done that it worked.....weird!

Juven

jumpers are not the issue as johnb35 said.
To map the drive, how to do? And first of all i am not getting in the 'my computer'.
Please guide.

smoothforprez

jumpers are not the issue as johnb35 said.
To map the drive, how to do? And first of all i am not getting in the 'my computer'.
Please guide.

if you're in windows 7 press start>type disk management in the search bar>create and format hard disk partitions

there you should find the hidden hard drive or partion you were looking for

Geoff

VIP Member
I just installed a 750GB drive in my W7 PC and had the same issue. Once you launch computer management from the admin tools, go to disk management and it will prompt you.